Tiger King, bonus, extra, episode, Netflix, reunion, Jeff Lowe, Joe Exotic

A bonus Tiger King episode could be coming and this is what it might include

This really is the series that keeps on giving

Just when you thought the drama might be over, it looks as though a bonus episode of docuseries Tiger King might be added to Netflix.

Yes, before you even had a chance to catch your breath over the first seven episodes, Jeff Lowe from the series has said another episode has been filmed and will be released next week.

In a personalised video requested by a viewer featuring himself and his wife Lauren, Jeff says: “Netflix is adding one more episode, will be on next week – they’re filming here tomorrow. Take care, stay safe and put your mask on.”

Because he spilled the tea that Netflix has been filming back at his zoo this week, this has lead people to believe the new episode will be a Love Is Blind style reunion to catch up with the characters. The original series began filming in 2014 and took around five years to create, wrapping up in 2020 with the latest updates from Joe Exotic’s trial. This means if there is a new reunion episode, there will be a lot to catch up on with all the people featured.

Netflix put out a Twitter thread last week giving a brief explanation of where some of the key people are now, which could have been a huge hint of what’s to come.

A Tiger King bonus episode could see all about Jeff and Lauren Lowe’s plans for their new zoo, how Carole Baskin feels about all the rumours surrounding her husband’s disappearance, what Doc Antle and the Myrtle Beach Safari are up to now and how Dillion Passage feels about Joe being in prison.

We also know that Netflix has caught up with Joe Exotic from prison recently, as a video was posted of a phone call with him since the documentary. He said he’d love to see himself getting famous and he’s “over” the Carole Baskin saga now. It would be cruel for Netflix to do all of this with no intention of sharing it all with us, right?

The producers of the series have also said they have a lot of footage which didn’t make it into the show. Rebecca Chaiklin, who co-created the show, said: “To be continued. I mean, yes we have a crazy amount of footage and it’s a story that’s still unfolding. We’re not sure yet, but there could be a follow-up on this story because there’s a lot that’s still unfolding in it, and it’ll be just as dramatic and just as colourful as what has unfolded these past few years.” So a bonus episode could be even more crazy details which never made it into the first seven.

This wouldn’t be the first time Netflix has created bonus episodes for series which take off. Earlier this year saw the Love Is Blind reunion and there was previously an Oprah Winfrey special where the host spoke to the men from When They See Us. Tiger King has definitely earned that level of attention, having become the most popular show on TV according to Rotten Tomatoes and it has been in the Netflix Top 10 list worldwide since its release.

The Tab has contacted Netflix but no comment has been made.

Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness is available to watch on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.