If you thought Tiger King was wild, try these 11 other Netflix shows next

There’s plenty more where that came from

If you’ve just finished Tiger King on Netflix then you’re probably still in pure shock. There are not enough adjectives to describe how much of a turbulent ride the seven-part series is. So you might be even more shocked to find out that other shows and series like Tiger King exist on Netflix.

The same creators are behind other documentaries, there are more series with just as many huge personalities and yes, other shows can give Tiger King a run for its money with twists and turns.

If you’re desperately looking for your next binge-watch after Tiger King, try these similar shows for size next. You’re welcome.

Abducted In Plain Sight

Abducted In Plain Sight follows the story of Jan Broberg, who was kidnapped from her family by their friend, Robert Berchtold, not once but twice. Despite multiple, seemingly obvious red flags, at the time he was able to manipulate and brainwash Jan’s entire family and abduct and abuse her.

series like Tiger King, Tiger King, similar, shows, series, watch, next, Netflix, Abducted In Plain Sight

It’s the sort of documentary which will have you gasping out loud and saying “oh my god” every few minutes. It really is a one-of-a-kind documentary in terms of its twists and turns and revelations.

If you’ve already watched Abducted In Plain Sight I highly recommend watching it again, there will be plenty of dramatic details you forgot even happened and you’ll be just as shocked the second time around.

Fyre Festival: The Greatest Party That Never Happened

Fyre Festival was a fraudulent “luxury” music festival founded by Billy McFarland, CEO of Fyre Media Inc, and rapper Ja Rule. Fyre Festival: The Greatest Party That Never Happened is the documentary all about the festival which promised to be the greatest the world had ever seen, but ended up being a rain-soaked cheese sandwich on a dirty island with stray dogs and abandoned tents.

Fyre Festival, The Greatest Party That Never Happened, Netflix

Tickets were on sale for between $1,200 and $100,000 each (around £900 to £75,000), which included a flight to Miami. The 2017 festival was promoted by celebrities such as Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid, Hailey Baldwin, Elsa Hosk and Emily Ratajkowski.

As you’re watching the documentary you’ll think it’s a crazy dystopian film but no, this actually did all happen. Fyre Festival and Tiger King are both series from the same creators, if that gives you an idea of the scale of wackiness to expect.

Don’t F**k With Cats

If you’re about to watch Don’t F**k With Cats be prepared for the deepest, darkest and most wild ride of your life. It’s been called the most twisted and graphic true crime documentary series of all time – and deservedly so.

series like Tiger King, Tiger King, similar, shows, series, watch, next, Netflix, Don't F**k With Cats, don't fuck with cats, cats

The three part documentary series is about a serial killer, Luka Magnotta, who began by posting sick videos of him torturing animals online before he ended up killing humans too. People who saw the videos were disgusted and there was soon an international online manhunt to find who it was behind them.

Dark Tourist

If you’re looking for a series like Tiger King, Dark Tourist also gives you a door into another weird world. The show sees journalist host, David Farrier, travelling around the world going to the places people visit to encounter death and tragedy.

Some of the episodes include him attending a voodoo festival, visiting Chernobyl, a haunted forest in Japan associated with people taking their own lives and going to the world’s scariest haunted house where you have to sign a waiver in case you die.

Dark Tourist, series, Netflix

The series is one season long and has eight episodes.

The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann

The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann is an eight-part, true crime series which tells the story of Madeleine, who famously vanished from her family’s apartment on holiday in Pria da Luz, Portugal. She was three years old when she vanished and her case has become the biggest missing child case in the world.

series like Tiger King, Tiger King, similar, shows, series, watch, next, Netflix, The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann

Her parents left her while they had dinner with friends in a nearby tapas restaurant. The series covers everything from the mass of conspiracy theories surrounding her disappearance, possible sightings of Madeleine, and gives a timeline of the whole story from when it happened, right through the investigation.

The Stranger

The Stranger begins by introducing us to the Price family.  The father, Adam Price, is a lawyer and the family have a big house, perfect garden and seemingly perfect life too. Adam’s wife Corrine is a popular teacher at the local school and they have two children, Thomas and Ryan. But their cosy life is turned upside down when ‘The Stranger’ approaches Adam in a bar and says his wife had faked her pregnancy, adding: “If I were you I’d run DNA checks on your two boys.”

The Stranger, watch, Netflix, series, shows, drama

The Stranger knows everything about everyone and this show is full of countless twists and turns and connections between all the characters. If you’re looking for something to mess with your head for weeks, The Stranger is just that.

Dare Me

Zookeepers shouldn’t be killers and equally, neither should cheerleaders. Tiger King proved to us that the first is possible, and Dare Me in the answer to the second. Dare Me is a drama series, which gives us the mix of cheerleading and crime we didn’t know we needed until we had it.

series like Tiger King, Tiger King, similar, shows, series, watch, next, Netflix, Dare Me

Dare Me is a 10-part series all about a high school cheer squad, whose leaders become entangled in a series of dark secrets after a new coach comes in to take over. Bitterness fills the squad when the ex-hotshot coach comes in and things soon get messy and very, very dark as they chase their way to the regionals competition.

The Platform

The Platform is a recent addition to Netflix that everyone’s equally obsessed with and grossed out by. It’s a Spanish film that was released in February this year and has been described as ‘seriously disturbing’ and a ‘gut churner’.

The Platform, Netflix, film, horror, watch, next

It is based in a prison with a tier ranking system, and is essentially about the uneven distribution of resources in society. A very needed heads up though, it contains gore and cannibalism and is all about exploring the worst impulses in human behaviour. But if you want crazy, this is crazy.

Voyeur

Voyeur is a documentary film all about a motel owner who spies on his guests. The Netflix synopsis for the show reads: “Legendary journalist Gay Talese unmasks a motel owner who spied on his guests for decades. But his bombshell story soon becomes a scandal of its own.”

series like Tiger King, Tiger King, similar, shows, series, watch, next, Netflix, Voyeur

Using a carefully constructed platform in the motel’s attic, the motel owner, Gerald Foos, documents his guests most private moments, from the mundane to the shocking. The film is just over an hour and a half.

The Devil Next Door

Before the days of Tiger King, The Devil Next Door was the Netflix series which was called “the best true crime documentary ever”. 

Netflix, The Devil Next Door, true crime

The five-part docuseries is all about the true story of John Demjanjuk, a man accused of being a Nazi concentration camp officer who enabled the deaths of thousands of Jews during the Holocaust. The Netflix synopsis for the show reads: “A Cleveland grandfather is brought to trial in Israel, accused of being the infamous Nazi death camp guard known as Ivan the Terrible”.

The documentary contains interviews with John’s family members, prosecution and defence teams, as well as footage from his highly-publicised trial.

Operation Odessa

Operation Odessa is a 2018 documentary film about three friends who set out to hustle the Russian mob, the Cali cartel and the Drug Enforcement Administration.

series like Tiger King, Tiger King, similar, shows, series, watch, next, Netflix, Operation Odessa

The Netflix synopsis for the show reads: “A Russian mobster, a Cuban spy and a smooth operator from Miami scheme to sell a Soviet submarine to a Columbian drug cartel for $35 million.”

For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.