Olivia Bowen is donating profits from her new clothing range to help the elderly

This is amid the current coronavirus pandemic

Olivia Buckland has announced she will be donating the profits from her new clothing range to Age UK, a charity which supports elderly people. This comes as some of the eldest in our communities have been struggling in the coronavirus pandemic.

Olivia, who appeared on Love Island season two, launched her new clothing edit with In The Style yesterday saying that having her own range is a “dream”.

In a statement on Instagram, she said: “I wanted to share with you all that in light of the current COVID-19 global situation I have decided along with @inthestyle to donate 100 per cent of all profits from In The Style x Olivia Bowen sales to Age UK, a registered charity dedicated to supporting elderly people across the U.K who find themselves in a more vulnerable situation and facing uncertainty at this time.”

Olivia has received lots of praise on her Instagram page. One comment said: “That actually made me cry. How gorgeous of you all!!!!” Another added: “You are amazing!! Wishing success on this collection”.

Olivia Bowen, Buckland, donating, profits, charity, coronavirus, COVID-19, elderly, Age UK, In The Style, range, Instagram

via Instagram @oliviadbowen

In The Style announced the news on Instagram, saying: “Our ITS x Olivia Bowen edit is LIVE! We understand circumstances have changed since we originally planned this collection and in light of the current COVID-19 global situation we have decided in agreement with Olivia to donate 100 per cent of all profits from In The Style x Olivia Bowen sales to Age UK, a registered charity dedicated to supporting elderly people across the U.K who find themselves in a more vulnerable situation and facing uncertainty at this time.

“We hope that at a minimum this collection gets everybody looking forward to better times and brings some colour, fun and fashion into people’s life at what we understand is a difficult time.”

The elderly have been among some of the hardest hit by the current coronavirus outbreak. A number of supermarkets and shops have changed their opening hours to allow them to shop before everyone else, and still get the essentials they need.

Last month another ex-Islander, Molly-Mae Hague, announced she was donating all the profits from her range with PrettyLittleThing to Mind charity, in the wake of Caroline Flack’s death. In The Style also launched a “Be Kind” t-shirt range, donating all the profits to Samaritans. The t-shirts raised over £100k in the first day of going on sale.

Olivia’s range can be found on In The Style here.