Urban Outfitters closes all stores because of coronavirus

If you listen closely you can hear the hearts of millions of VSCO girls breaking

Urban Outfitters is closing all of its stores around the world because of coronavirus, the company announced yesterday.

Roughly 600 stores globally will not be reopening until March 28th despite, according to a recent press release. The company also says none of its employees have tested positive for Covid-19.

“The global spread of COVID-19 is affecting every one of us,” it read. “The safety and health of our communities, including our loyal customers and dedicated associates, is always of the utmost importance to us.”

Urban Outfitters is closing all of its stores around the world because of coronavirus, the company announced yesterday. Everything you need to know.

via Instagram (@urbanoutfitters)

The news release says all store staff will be paid despite the closure, and customers can still use Urban Outfitters website and apps.

The full statement reads: “As all of our thoughts are on the Covid-19 situation, we wanted to share an update on how Urban Outfitters is responding. The safety and health of our community, including our loyal customers and dedicated associates, is always of the utmost importance to us.

“In an effort to protect our communities we have decided to close all our global stores. We will continue to pay our store teams during this time. As far as we know, none of our employees have tested positive for Covid-19.

“Stores will not reopen until at least March 28 and because the situation is complex and evolving rapidly, our plans may change. And if they do, we’ll let you know.

“While we’ll miss seeing you in our stores, you can still visit us at our website and apps.

“Take care of each other and we’ll see you soon.”

Follow our live updates of how UK universities are dealing with the coronavirus here.