Love Is Blind’s Jessica is an undisputed Queen who does not deserve your hate

This woman is a legend

Jessica is the most hated person from Love Is Blind. She’s been called “intolerable”, “the worst person” a “snake”, an “alcoholic” and told: “she should get therapy”. Her baby voice, her constant drinking and her indecision towards Mark are constantly slammed. And honestly it’s getting ridiculous. Jessica is a Queen who made Love Is Blind a roaring success.

Jessica provided constant entertainment and memes throughout the entire series and without her it would incredibly boring. We’d be stuck with seeing the unattainable love of Cameron and Lauren, listening to Amber complain about her debt and watching Kenny get repeatedly friend-zoned, which is just sad.

We have all been Jessica at one point. Messica level drunkness on a night out, liking a boy we shouldn’t and not knowing what the hell we’re doing with our lives is incredibly relatable. And I want to thank Jessica for portraying a woman on screen who isn’t perfect: she has flaws, she showed women could be vulnerable, messy, scared and not have it together all the time.

Having said all that, Jessica is such a boss, she earns a six figure salary, has her own house and knows what she wants out of life. Also, why shouldn’t she make sure the person she’s going to spend the rest of her life with is the one for her.

Jessica is a goddess and you’d be a fool not to recognise it. Here are all the reasons why your hate for her is totally unjustified:

She was 10 years older than Mark

So Jessica is 34 and Mark is 24, it will never work, as Jessica constantly reminded us. And you know what, she was probably right.

Mark was a rare breed of man who is emotionally intelligent and ready for marriage at 24. That’s not the norm and Jessica was completely justified in being worried he didn’t mean it as it’s so unexpected to have that level of commitment in someone so young.

Jessica was right to think a big age gap could make a marriage difficult, particularly when that age gap is made of people who were in two very different stages of life.

A big age gap isn’t a big deal the older you get but Jessica was completely right that at 24, Mark still had so much of his young single life to live and she didn’t want him to resent her for taking away his twenties.

Jessica mentioned how her twenties were an amazing part of her life and they are and everyone should experience them how they wish to. For Mark that meant marriage and that’s cool, he knew his own mind. But Jessica clearly felt uncomfortable with the age difference and she shouldn’t have to justify not wanting to be with someone.

Jessica was taking her time to see who she actually wanted to be engaged to

There was an extreme double standard in the treatment Jessica and Barnett got for being interested in more than person.

The whole point of the experiment was to date as many people to see who you could build a connection with.

Jessica had three potential interests. She ended things with the virgin guy and decided to focus purely on Mark and Barnett.

Choosing between two men? I think we’d all take those 10 days to figure out which one we wanted to spend the rest of our lives with. Barnett was choosing between three girls and promising them all marriage and getting far less angry hateful tweets about it.

Her dog was literally dying and she wasn’t allowed to leave the show

Jessica’s beloved dog Peyton, who sparked a lot of memes after she fed him wine, was actually super ill during filming (not from the wine) and Jessica wasn’t allowed to quit the show.

Peyton swallowed a small stick which didn’t settle well and required surgery, but Jessica was told she had to continue on with filming. So it was completely understandable why trying to make her relationship work with a guy she had known for a few weeks wasn’t at the forefront of her mind.

via Instagram @jessicabatten_

Jessica found the whole filming process uncomfortable and was then slated for how she handled it

Jessica has described the show as “psychological warfare” and said filming was super stressful because she knew she wasn’t going to end up with Mark and planning a wedding she didn’t want to be part of was difficult.

Jessica was rarely seen without a glass of wine in her hand and got called an “alcoholic” by a load of people on Twitter. In an interview Jessica has expressed her regret at how much she drank and explained she often over drank to feel comfortable when filming.

She said: ” I think there’s a reason that there’s sometimes alcohol around during these reality shows. Sometimes you loosen up and these moments can kind of come out. I really wish that I would have been better about the drinking for me. I was really uncomfortable and so I had a few moments where I over-drank.

“I know the first one I took accountability for on camera and then the bachelorette party as well. If I could do anything differently it would be that I didn’t have so much to drink.”

via Netflix

We have all got Messica level drunk and incredibly embarrassed ourselves. Jessica had to have her drunken mistakes shown on TV for millions to see.

She’s incredibly self reflective and sorry for how acted

During the reunion Amber went in on Jessica for continuing to like Barnett after they got to Mexico. Jessica apologised and said she really liked them as a couple.

And yet Amber wouldn’t let it go and called her a “sheisty bitch”, Jessica looked incredibly sad and I just wanted to give her a hug.

I get you’re hurt Amber but it’s been over a year, you got the guy, move on.

In the reunion Jessica also shared how she had learned about herself through the experiment and you could tell she was not comfortable watching clips back.

We are all Messica

Messica is practically Jessica’s alter ego at this point and she represents all the messiness within each and every single one of us.

We’ve all done the baby-voice when talking to a fit guy and then cringed about it later. We’ve got completely battered on a night out and said some very regrettable things. We’ve been indecisive and made some bad decisions.

Jessica is iconic, relatable and must be protected at all costs.

Love Is Blind is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.