Meet the teen cast of Netflix’s new drama ‘I Am Not Okay With This’

Basically meet my future friends

Netflix has just released it’s latest teen school drama in the form of I Am Not Okay With This. It features angry teenagers, sex and superpowers. What’s not to love? Oh, and the I Am Not Okay With This cast is all young and fun recognisable faces.

The show follows the teens at school learning about everything from maths, to life and sexuality. In true Eleven from Stranger Things vibes, we soon realise the main character Sydney has some sort of superpower linked to her inner anger. I Am Not Okay With This is based on the graphic novel by Charles Forsman. The show is the perfect Sex Education and Stranger Things crossover we didn’t know we needed until now.

Meet the main cast of Netflix show I Am Not Okay With This:

Sydney – Sophia Lillis

I Am Not Okay With This cast, I Am Not Okay With This, cast, list, Netflix, teen, drama, Sydney, Sophia Lillis

via Netflix

Sydney, or Syd, is the main female character in the show, played by 17-year-old Sophia Lillis. In the series, her dad has recently died and she is told by the school counsellor to keep a diary of her thoughts. We see her struggling to navigate her way through school, grieving, her sexuality, her inner anger and oh, the fact she also has superpowers.

You might recognise Sophia Lillis as being from IT and Nancy Drew. She’s also a bit of a big deal, with 2.1million Instagram followers. On her profile she shares a lot of pictures of her hanging out with the I Am Not Okay With This cast.

Sydney, Sophia Lillis, Instagram

via Instagram

Her handle is @sophialillis.

Dina – Sofia Bryant

I Am Not Okay With This cast, I Am Not Okay With This, cast, list, Netflix, teen, drama, Dina, Sofia Bryant

via Netflix

Sydney’s best friend Dina is played by Sofia Bryant. Sydney and Dina both moved to the area around the same time and bonded over being the new kids. Sydney admits Dina is her first ever best friend.

You might recongise Sofia from The Good Wife, Bluebloods or The Code. She also has one of the coolest Instagram accounts ever. She currently has 52k followers.

Dina, Sofia Bryant, Instagram

via Instagram

Her handle is @sofiabryantofficial.

Stanley – Wyatt Olef

I Am Not Okay With This cast, I Am Not Okay With This, cast, list, Netflix, teen, drama, Stanley, Wyatt Olef

via Netflix

Male lead, Stanley, is played by Wyatt Olef. Stanley is Syd’s close friend and neighbour. He’s a bit of a school nerd and soon realises he fancies Sydney.

Wyatt was also in IT, as well as Guardians Of The Galaxy. Wyatt has 2million Instagram followers and he too loves to post a picture of him and the rest of the I Am Not Okay With This cast.

Stanley, Wyatt Olef, Instagram

via Instagram

His handle is @wyattolef.

Bradley – Richard Ellis

I Am Not Okay With This cast, I Am Not Okay With This, cast, list, Netflix, teen, drama, Bradley, Richard Ellis

via Netflix

Bradley Lewis is the school “golden boy” and jock. Dina fancies him, and ends up having sex with him, getting together and getting an invite to homecoming from him. He’s popular and a bit of a class clown. Sydney doesn’t get on with him.

Richard Ellis has also been in Veronica Mars, Should I Do It?, and Killer Therapy. He has 27k followers on Instagram, where he shares his other talent – music!!

His handle is @therichardellis.

The supporting cast includes Kathleen Rose Perkins as Maggie (Sydney’s mother), Aidan Wojtak-Hissong as Liam (Sydney’s little brother) and Mark Colson as Mr. Barber (Stanley’s dad).

I Am Not Okay With This is available on Netflix now. For all the latest Netflix news, drops and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.