All the filming locations used in BBC Three mockuseries ‘This Country’

You can have a birthday party in the vicar’s office

BBC Three series This Country has returned this week for its third season. The mockuseries sees young cousins Kerry and Kurtan navigating life in a small village in the Cotswolds. It looks at their struggles in day-to-day life and what it is like to be a young person bored out of their brains in a country village. The show is set all over the rural villages and rolling hills – here are all the filming locations used in This Country on BBC Three.

The series is filmed all around Northleach, Gloucestershire, as well as some scenes in Fairford.

The village

This Country filming locations, This Country, filming, locations, set, BBC, BBC Three, Mockuseries, setting, Cotswolds, Northleach, village

The primary filming location for This Country is the village of Northleach in Gloustershire. It’s one of the smaller Cotswold towns with a population of around 1,800 people. The market town is about 10 miles northeast of Cirencester and 11 miles east-southeast of Cheltenham.

Kerry’s house

This Country, BBC

Kerry’s house in real life is a residential property in Northleach. The house is number 15 Fortey Road, a five minute walk from the village high street.

This Country filming locations, This Country, filming, locations, set, BBC, BBC Three, Mockuseries, setting, Cotswolds, Northleach, Kerry's house, Kerry, home, real life, road

via Google Maps

St Mary’s Church

This Country, BBC, vicar

The church in the show is St Mary’s Church. The church in real life in Northleach is called the Church of St Peter & St Paul. It is located in the centre of the village, right by the high street and the local school. The church has been in the heart of the village for over 800 years.

This Country filming locations, This Country, filming, locations, set, BBC, BBC Three, Mockuseries, setting, Cotswolds, Northleach, church, St Mary's church

via Google Maps

The police station

Scenes at the local police station were filmed with Cotswolds Police at Stow-on-the-Wold station. One of the local officers even made a cameo appearance and was featured in the end credits.

This station is in the Cotswolds, around a 15 minute drive from Northleach.

Northleach allotments

Some scenes in series three include Kerry being tasked with looking after the local chickens. These scenes were filmed in Northleach allotments.

The allotments in the village are called Nangles Allotments.

The vicar’s office

This Country, BBC

This Country scenes which are set in the vicar’s office are actually filmed in Northleach’s Westwoods Centre. On the Northleach Gov website, the centre is described as “a great venue for all kinds of activities with a sports hall, meeting rooms, and a garden.” It hosts birthday parties, weddings and other events.

This Country filming locations, This Country, filming, locations, set, BBC, BBC Three, Mockuseries, setting, Cotswolds, Northleach, vicar's office

via Google Maps

The bowls club

The series writer and actor who plays Kurtan, Charlie Cooper, has shared some deleted scenes at the bowls club on his Instagram:

Northleach hasn’t got a bowling green, so scenes where they play bowls are filmed at Fairford Bowls Club.

The Gloucestershire setting is kitted out with a six-rink outdoor green, a two-rink indoor green, a fully licensed bar with lounge area and dance floor, a dining hall and indoor viewing area, a fully fitted kitchen with commercial grade fittings and it has a five star Food Standards Agency food hygiene rating.

This Country filming locations, This Country, filming, locations, set, BBC, BBC Three, Mockuseries, setting, Cotswolds, Northleach, bowling green, bowls club

via Google Maps

The bus stop

This Country, BBC, Kerry, Kurtan

Kerry and Kurtan are often found hanging around the bus stop, purely because they have nothing better to do. The bus stop in real life is just off the high street in Northleach.

This Country filming locations, This Country, filming, locations, set, BBC, BBC Three, Mockuseries, setting, Cotswolds, Northleach, bus stop

via Google Maps

It’s right next to the pub and the post office.

The recycling centre

This Country, BBC, Kerry, work, job

In series three, Kerry gets a job at a local recycling centre. It’s not been confirmed where the exact filming location for this is, but the pictures look a lot like Fosse Cross Civic Amenities Site in Cheltenham. This is a 10 minute drive from the centre of Northleach.

This Country filming locations, This Country, filming, locations, set, BBC, BBC Three, Mockuseries, setting, Cotswolds, Northleach, recycling centre

via Google Maps

The Keepers Arms

The pub in This Country is called The Keepers Arms, however the real life filming location is the Sherborne Arms in Cheltenham.

Stephen Wilson, the landlord of the Sherborne Arms said his pub had done good business on the back of This Country. He told The Guardian: “We have people coming to the pub from all over the UK after watching the show. They do that because they recognise it is true. It’s not vindictive or nasty. It’s understanding of the way people are.”

This Country is available on BBC Three now.