In The Style raises £100k in less than a day with ‘Be Kind’ t-shirts

All the money is being donated to Samaritans

Clothing brand In The Style has raised over £100,000 in less than a day by donating profits from its “Be Kind” design t-shirts.

The decision to donate profits to Samaritans came after the death of Caroline Flack this weekend. In a post on her Instagram in December, Caroline shared a picture with the quote: “In a world where you can be anything, be kind.” The photo was captioned: “Anything … we can literally choose to be anything.”

In The Style, Be Kind, tee, t-shirt, sale, Samaritans, Caroline Flack, death, donations, profits, buy

In The Style decided to take the quote and make it in a t-shirt. The tee has the slogan written across it and is available in black, white and pink. It costs £10 with 100 per cent of profits being donated to Samaritans charity. The clothing brand said: “In light of recent tragic events and recognising ongoing mental health challenges faced by so many we feel it is important as a brand to use our platform to raise further awareness to mental health and the impact surrounding this.” The tees are currently sold out in all sizes and colours on the site, but more will be available to order from 12pm today.

In The Style tweeted saying: “We are completely overwhelmed by the support for the #BeKind tee. We have already raised over £100,000 for @samaritans in just a few hours! Sorry to anyone who hasn’t been able to support yet – the demand has been unprecedented! We will have more stock on by 12pm today for you”.

Within just 30 minutes, the t-shirts had raised £25,000.

Molly-Mae Hague and PrettyLittleThing have also decided to donate all profits from their most recent clothing edit together. All of the money they raise will be donated to Mind, a mental health charity.

The “Be Kind” t-shirt is available on In The Style here. 

For more information about the work Samaritans do, or if you are looking for any support, please see https://www.samaritans.org or call them directly on 116 123.