Caroline ‘told police she was suicidal’ and paramedics visited night before death

Friends were increasingly concerned for her welfare

Paramedics had been called to Caroline Flack’s flat the night before she took her own life. Friends and family are said to have been growing concerned for her welfare so her best friend, Lou Teasdale, had spent the day on Friday with her.

At 10:30pm on Friday, emergency services responded to a 999 call from Caroline’s flat in Stoke Newington, London. The two paramedic crews accessed her and decided she did not need hospital treatment.

Lou Teasdale spent the night with Caroline and left at around 9:30am the next day, it has been reported. It was at around 2:30pm on Saturday that another ambulance was called by another concerned friend and Caroline was pronounced dead at the scene. Lou paid tribute to her friend, posting on Instagram saying: “Here’s us like 5 days ago really happy lolling telling each other we’re really fit AND funny and five years ago, and 10 years ago. I love you. I hope you are at peace now. Til the end my beautiful friend, Caroline x”.

Caroline Flack, updates, news, death, suicide, bodycam, footage, police, paramedics, called, Lou Teasdale

via Instagram @louteasdale

London Ambulance service confirmed paramedics were sent on Friday night, and again on Saturday afternoon.

It has been reported that Caroline was terrified of her upcoming assault trial. She is said to have been particularly afraid of police bodycam footage from the day of her arrest which could have been shown in court. The footage is described as showing Caroline “in a state of undress and severely distressed”, having being left injured from self-inflicted wounds.

Police were reportedly so concerned about the wounds Caroline had given herself that she was taken to hospital for urgent treatment. She was treated for 12 hours before she was seen as fit to be interviewed by police under caution. She allegedly told police she had been feeling suicidal. In the aftermath of the alleged incident, Caroline Flack told police “I did it” and then warned she would take her own life.

via Instagram @louteasdale

Following Caroline’s death, her management accused the CPS of setting up a “show trial”. Her boyfriend Lewis Burton had not wanted to press charges, but the CPS did instead. She and Lewis had asked authorities for the case to be dropped given her vulnerable mental state and the lack of public interest. Caroline had received news on Valentine’s Day that, despite her appeal, the CPS was going ahead with her trial.

Caroline Flack, updates, news, death, suicide, bodycam, footage, police, paramedics, called, boyfriend, Lewis Burton

via Instagram @mrlewisburton

Francis Ridley, of Money Talent Management said: “In recent months Caroline had been under huge pressure because of an ongoing case and potential trial which has been well reported. The Crown Prosecution Service pursued this when they knew not only how very vulnerable Caroline was but also that the alleged victim did not support the prosecution and had disputed the CPS version of events.

“The CPS should look at themselves today and how they pursued a show trial that was not only without merit but not in the public interest. And ultimately resulted in significant distress to Caroline.”

The CPS said in a statement: “Our deepest sympathies go to the family and friends of Caroline Flack. Given the tragic circumstances, we will not comment on the specifics of this case at this stage.”