Love Island due to air tonight despite Caroline Flack death

The show is still scheduled to air as normal

UPDATE: Love Island has been cancelled tonight. The statement from bosses can be found here.

Tonight’s episode of Love Island is still due to air despite the death of ex-presenter Caroline Flack yesterday.

Last night’s episode of Love Island: Unseen Bits was cancelled out of respect for Caroline, but today’s episode is still scheduled for regular programming at 9pm tonight.

This comes after it was revealed that Caroline Flack died by suicide yesterday, and was found in her East London home.

Her family confirmed the death, issuing the statement: “We can confirm that our Caroline passed away today, the 15th February.

“We would ask that the press respect the privacy of the family at this difficult time and we would ask they make no attempt to contact us and/or photograph us.”

A lawyer for the family then confirmed that Caroline died by suicide.

The Love Island team spoke out on Caroline’s death last night, saying: “Everybody at Love Island and ITV is shocked and saddened by this desperately sad news.

“Caroline was a much loved member of the Love Island team and our sincere thoughts and condolences are with her family and friends.”

Since her death, a number of Love Island stars and ex-Islanders have released statements of grief and love for the ex-host, including Iain Stirling, who narrates each episode of the series.

He said: “Today my friend wandered into heaven. I bet it was in slow motion and sassy as fuck. Love you x”

It is unknown whether tomorrow’s episode of Love Island: Aftersun, which used to be hosted by Caroline Flack but is currently presented by Laura Whitmore, will still be aired.

ITV have been contacted for comment.

If you or someone you know has been affected by this story, please speak to someone or contact Samaritans on 116 123 at anytime. You can also contact Anxiety UK on 03444 775 774, Mind on 0300 123 3393, and Calm (Campaign against living miserably, for men aged 15 to 35) on 0800 58 58 58.