Someone on Instagram is claiming Jameela Jamil is ‘faking’ all her illnesses

Settle in for an FBI level investigation

It’s been less than a week since Jameela Jamil was the centre of a Twitter storm and she’s already back at it again after an Instagram user accused Jameela of lying and faking her illnesses, going so far as to say Jameela is suffering from Munchausen syndrome.

Tracie Egan Morrissey has done a deep dive into the various physical and mental illnesses Jameela Jamil has claimed to have, uploading an extremely long and detailed Instagram thread of her ‘evidence’.

Over the last few years Jameela has claimed she’s survived cancer twice, experienced two car crashes, been chased by swarms of killer bees, got various food allergies and was deaf as a child. Tracie is saying Jameela has Munchausen syndrome, which is when an individual “pretends to be ill or deliberately produces symptoms of illness in themselves” according to the NHS.

Jameela took to Twitter last night to deny the accusations and called Tracie an “unhinged idiot”, adding said she had already been accused of lying about her sexuality and was now having to deal with the Munchausen syndrome rumour.

She said: “First I’m lying about my sexuality, now I’m now being accused of munchausens? By an unhinged idiot who didn’t even realize in all her ‘research’ that my car accident injury stories are “different” because they were about TWO SEPARATE CAR ACCIDENTS 13 years apart? You can keep it.”

There is a LOT. Here are the illnesses Jameela has claimed to have and Tracie’s evidence to try and dismiss the claims and Jameela’s responses.

Surviving cancer twice

In an interview with the Mirror in 2015, Jameela claimed she had a breast cancer scare the previous year. She discovered a lump, which was found to not be cancerous. Then four years later in 2019 Jameela spoke out about surviving cancer twice.

In a tweet Jameela wrote she had experienced the illness twice. Tracie questioned how does one false alarm for breast cancer turn into surviving two experiences.

Jameela replied to Tracie asking her what cancer’s she had and said she’s experienced cervical cancer in 2016 and 2019. But to another user said it was HPV virus.

Her bee and car accidents

So, get ready for this one. The maddest parts of Jameela’s illnesses is that she always seems to get into car accidents after seeing swarms of bees.

In the Instagram thread Tracie discusses two bee chases that end in car accidents for Jameela. Jameela has said on her Twitter these are two separate incidents 13 years apart.

In a 2015 interview Jameela said when she was 17 she was trying to avoid a bee and ran into traffic. She claimed she broke several bones, had to walk with a zimmer frame and was confined to her bed for two years.

Then in a 2019 interview with Cosmo discussing the same accident, Jameela said she was confined to bed only for a year and then was in a wheelchair for six months afterwards, with no mention of the zimmer frame.

Jameela then claimed she had another bee chase which resulted in a car accident 13 years later when she was filming for The Good Place.

Tracie also uncovered a third incident of bees allegedly swarming Jameela. In 2015 Jameela claimed she was with Mark Ronson and a swarm of killer bees, around “500” attacked the table of food they had left out. A few days later Mark was asked if he had recovered from the incident. He said there were “one or two” bees.

Jameela has previously tweeted she has a phobia of bees.

Jameela claimed she had a broken elbow, nose and concussion after falling

In 2013 Jameela claimed she was interviewing Olly Murs and they had a play fight. She said she broke her butt, her ankle, three ribs, her arm, lost her front tooth and got concussion. Her fall is recorded and available to watch on Tracie’s Instagram story.

In the clip Jameela gets up, is taken in an ambulance and then immediately gets out and completes an interview with Olly Murs. Her nose, elbow and teeth all appear in tact. However it’s hard to tell if someone is affected by concussion as the signs aren’t immediately obvious. Jameela said she used eyelash adhesive to stick her tooth back in and carried on filming.

In 2018 Jameela recounted the same moment but only said she  broke her elbow, nose, lost her front tooth and got concussion after falling whilst filming.

Jameela said she had peanut allergies and then ate some peanut treats a few days ago

In a 2015 interview Jameela said she was allergic to shellfish and peanuts as a child. Earlier this week Jameela posted a picture of some peanut based treats on her Instagram story.

And last night she defended on Twitter eating the nut treats as the allergy had worn off as she got older. According to a 2013 report by the Mayo Clinic only 20 per cent of children with a peanut allergy grow out of it.

Following on from this viral Instagram thread, Jameela has taken to twitter to reveal another serious illness she claims to have.

She said she is suffering from Ehlers Danlos syndromes, which is a “a group of rare inherited conditions that affect connective tissue.”

Jameela also said she was being “gaslit” and the treatment she was experiencing wasn’t justified because she’s trying to help other people and she hasn’t done anything to destroy the planet.

She said: “Being gaslit over your health for entertainment is a very specific pain and trauma that a lot of people with Ehlers Danlos/invisible disability have to face every day from people who don’t understand our vastly under-researched condition.

“And to what end? Who wins? If I was Oil tycoon destroying the planet, or a serial sex offender I would maybe understand this vitriol and effort to target and harass me. But I’m just a mental health/eating disorder advocate actually taking the time to change public policy and legislation to protect kids.”

“Not afraid of you or your dumb internet conspiracy theories,” Jameela tweeted. “Keep them coming. You just add to my relevance. I’m gonna keep helping people with eating disorders, and changing laws and global policies to protect kids and their mental health and there’s NOTHING you can do about it.”

And that’s the Jameela Jamil drama for this week done.