OAP Islanders: These are all the oldest Love Island contestants there have ever been

The producers rarely DARE touch anyone over 30

Every year we are surprised by the ages of the Islanders. In the 2020 winter series we couldn’t believe Finn was only 20, and this year Charlotte won’t stop talking about being 30. So who are the oldest Love Island contestants ever? Would the producers dare to touch someone over 30?

You’ll be shocked to know that out of 200+ Islanders so far, there have only been a handful over the age of 28 and only five over 30s. Here’s a rundown of all the oldest Love Island contestants to ever appear on the show.

Terry Walsh – 28

oldest Love Island contestants, Love Island, oldest, contestants, cast, ages, birthday, old, Islanders

Terry appeared on series two of Love Island in 2016. He caused a stir in the villa when he admitted he’d slept with so many girls he’d lost count, but said the number would be around 500. He then epically dumped Malin and shagged Emma on top of the sheets whilst everyone watched.

Scott Thomas – 28

Scott also appeared on the show in 2016. He left in a relationship with Kady McDermott, but they split up shortly after.

Simon Searles – 28

28-year-old Simon lasted just six days in the series three villa in 2017.

Alex Miller – 28

28-year-old Alex, better known as Specsavers Alex, appeared on series four in 2018. He briefly coupled up with Megan Barton-Hanson after Casa Amor.

Jamie Clayton – 28

Jamie was the oldest Islander in the first winter series. The recruitment consultant entered the villa, took Shaughna and Demi on dates, and that was about it.

Georgia Townend – 28

Love Island 2021 star Georgia may have only been in the villa for a matter of minutes, but when she was she was one of the eldest Islanders the show has ever had.

Andrea ‘AJ’ Bunker – 28

AJ was also one of the eldest contestants in the 2021 lineup, aged 28. She entered the villa as a bombshell and left six days later.

Jay Younger – 28

Economics grad and investment analyst Jay entered the 2022 villa saying he was “at the point in his life” where he needed some help from the producers to find love. Even they couldn’t help him, he left single.

Charlie Radnedge – 28

Charlie was also one of the oldest contestants in the 2022 series. He went to The Oratory School in Oxfordshire, which is a fancy boarding school with current fees of up to £13k per term. Before heading into the villa, Charlie worked in real estate development.

Claudia Fogarty – 28

Blackburn born Claudia was the eldest girl in the 2023 series, aged 28. She’s the daughter of Carl Fogarty, and since leaving the show has said she wants to pursue a career in fitness.

Jordan Odofin – 28

Jordan wasn’t on the show for very long during the 2023 series, but when he was, he was the eldest guy in the villa. The HR advisor and footballer was 28 whilst on the show.

John and Tony Alberti – 29

Jess and Eve from winter Love Island weren’t the first set of twins to appear on the show. In series one there was 29-year-old identical twins John and Tony Alberti.

Laura Anderson – 29

In series four Laura made it very clear she was one of the eldest and most mature contestants in the villa – she went on about it quite a lot. She was 29 when she appeared on the show, despite there being a crazy conspiracy theory at the time that she was lying and was actually 32. 

Tom Walker – 29

Despite making rookie errors such as asking Maura if she was “all mouth”, 2019’s Tom Walker was actually one of the oldest Love Island contestants to date. He was 29 when he entered the villa.

Nabila Badda – 29

If you don’t remember who Nabila is, it’s because she briefly flashed on our screens during Casa Amor 2019 and was never seen again. Anyway, she was 29.

Marvin Brooks – 29

Marvin was with Maura after Casa Amor in 2019. He didn’t last very long either.

Anna Vakili – 29

2019’s Anna celebrated her 29th birthday in the villa. She was the eldest female that year, and all the Islanders threw her a birthday party to celebrate. Amy and Molly-Mae wrote her song which was cute but extremely cringe.

Rachel Finni – 29

via ITV

2021 Islander Rachel was the eldest contestant of that season. The luxury travel specialist was aged 29 when she entered the villa.

Sophie Gradon – 30

Sophie appeared on series two in 2015. When she entered the villa she was 30-years-old, making her the eldest Islander of that season.

Charlotte Sumner – 30

2023 bombshell Charlotte wants everyone to know she’s 30 – age has been her main topic of conversation. She’s from Bournemouth and worked as a dental nurse.

Jordan Ring – 31

31-year-old Jordan was the oldest Islander to appear on series one, in 2015. He was in the original lineup and got dumped on day 35. He’s the equal oldest Love Islander ever.

Marcel Sommerville – 31

Also equal in the oldest Love Island contestants list is series three’s Marcel. He was 31 when he appeared on the show and left with Gabby Allen. The pair broke up amid rumours he had cheated on her whilst they were on holiday. 

Paul Knops – 31

The third Islander who tops the eldest ranking is Paul Knops. He was 31 when he entered the villa and played an absolute blinder by coupling up with Laura and ending up as a runner-up, despite only being in the villa for just over two weeks.

For all the latest Love Island news, memes and gossip like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.