Love Island Gossip Column: Sophie storms out the villa?! Plus Mike’s police investigation revealed

The drama is heating up

Welcome to The Tab’s Love Island 2020 gossip round-up, bringing you the pettiest drama and the least believable tabloid exclusives from around the web today.

Mike reportedly told a teenage girl he’d ‘show her a good time’

Last week there was a lot of talk about Mike being under investigation with Greater Manchester Police. It has now been revealed he has been accused of telling a 17-year-old girl that he can “show her a good time” while in his police uniform.

Love Island, winter, 2020, gossip, news, latest, Mike, police, investigation

via Instagram

The now 18-year-old told the Sun: “He came over to me and said, ‘come with me and I’ll show you around Manchester. I’ll show you a good time’. He asked for my number. I said my phone was broken, the SIM card wasn’t working, so he asked for my Snapchat. I gave him it and he got back in the car and left.”

She says she complained to the Manchester force boss at the time and the allegations are “still under investigation”. Mike is said to have “strenuously denied any wrongdoing”.

On Mike’s Instagram, his family have said reports about him are false. They posted a statement, captioned: “As a family, we are proud of Mike and we stand by him. The stories which shall be released in the press against him are completely false. It’s a shame this has become such a familiar routine with the British press, and how eager they are to see black men fail.”

Love Island, winter, 2020, gossip, news, latest,

via Instagram @mikeboateng01

A spokesperson for GMP told MailOnline: “I can confirm that allegations were made regarding an officer in 2018 and 2019, which are currently under investigation by the Professional Standards Branch. These include a complaint from a member of the public. It would be inappropriate to comment further while the investigation is ongoing.”

Love Island bosses are apparently desperate to keep Shaun’s Knees on the show

I have no idea why, but Love Island bosses are said to be “desperate” to keep Siannise on the show. The Mail reports ITV2 bosses want to keep her after her furious face when Rebecca entered the villa became an meme.

Love Island, winter, 2020, gossip, news, latest, Siannise, meme

Classic

The Islanders could already charge thousands per post on Instagram

Digitaloft has created the “Love Island Social Scoreboard” using a live feed from each contestant’s Insta account to see who’s racking up the biggest following and most potential earnings.

Right now top of the scoreboard is Shaughna, who could charge £2,000 per Instagram post. She’s shortly followed by Sophie, Callum, Paige and then Connor. Shaughna has the most Instagram followers of all the 2020 cast so far, and new boy Luke T has the least, with 7,000.

Love Island, winter, 2020, gossip, news, latest, Instagram, followers, earnings

Sophie storms out of the villa tonight!?!

Sophie apparently storms out of the villa in tonight’s show, after a huge row with Connor. The preview for the episode shows Connor in the villa saying: “She just fucking walked off” as Sophie is seen storming off towards the door.

The pair are said to have a “furious bust up” which could see the end of their relationship.

Love Island, winter, 2020, gossip, news, latest, Sophie, Connor, storms out, leave, exit, quit, over

That’s an angry strut

The ex boyfriends and girlfriends have come out the woodwork

You know what adds a bit of extra spice to Love Island? When all of the contestants’ ex boyfriends and girlfriends come out to play. The Tab hunted all of the Love Island exes out – and some of them are FIT. Callum’s ex, Lou Dewar, has said she “might go and spice up the island” and tbh, I’m totally here for it.

Love Island, winter, 2020, gossip, news, latest

via Instagram @loudewar_

The show has had even MORE Ofcom complaints

Ofcom received a huge 272 complaints about the first episode of Love Island. 36 of those were about Nas being referred to as Aladdin and 231 were about the inclusion of Ollie as a contestant. This came after photos of him allegedly trophy hunting emerged.

But since then, there have been even more – the show has already racked up 700 complaints. The complaints about Ollie being a contestant kept coming – according to the Evening Standard, as of when he left, there had been 576. There were more about the Aladdin comments too, to date there have been 63.

A further 15 complaints were made about Connor Durman’s behaviour during the episode which aired on January 15th. Twitter erupted and called his actions towards Sophie Piper “controlling”.

Love Island, winter, 2020, gossip, news, latest, Connor

Eve has spilled exactly what was said in *those* texts from Tyga

After leaving the villa, Love Island twin Eve Gale has read out exactly what was said in the texts between her and Kylie Jenner’s ex, Tyga.

On Roman Kemp’s Capital FM Breakfast Show, she said: “I was at an event where he was performing so I tagged him in an Instagram story and he liked it and replied, ‘WYA?’. I was just like ‘erm, London’ but he was going back to LA and he was like ‘so sorry about that’ and then we spoke again when he was in Ibiza and I was in Ibiza at the same time. But he was leaving Ibiza and I’d just got to Ibiza.”

Cool, Eve, cool. ?

Ollie reckons he was stitched up by the show

Former 2020 Islander Ollie has said Love Island producers “character assassinated” him during his time on the show and made him out to be a bad guy.

He told the Sun: “Looking at the stories coming out about me and all the complaints ITV were getting I think they portrayed me as a grumpy snob on purpose – I think I would have been the first person voted off. When I came out and saw the way that I was portrayed – this grumpy, moody bloke I was so shocked as that wasn’t who I was.

“I was having an absolute ball the whole time. It was a complete misrepresentation of who I was in there. From watching it my parents were worried that I was depressed. I was absolutely vilified in one game where it was claimed I cheated on an ex nine times. I just thought ‘This is ridiculous as I was coming across as a bell end.’ I don’t know where they got that from, it’s not true.”

He added: “They completely character assassinated me from day dot. My warning to other contestants is that you risk your personality being portrayed as they like.”

Love Island, winter, 2020, gossip, news, latest, Ollie Williams, ex, girlfriend

Since leaving the villa, he has got back with the ex he claimed he quit for and the pair have said they are planning on moving in together.

Someone has actually got hold of Rebecca’s birth certificate!!!

We’re all shook that Rebecca is 21. We shared memes about it and spoke about it in all of our Love Island group chats. The conversation probably should have ended there but alas! No! Over at the Daily Mail (of course) they actually requested to see her birth certificate.

In a now Daily Mail exclusive, they say they have in fact seen the proof that former Miss Newcastle is 21-years-old. She was born in 1998 at North Shields General Hospital. Thank you Daily Mail, I will sleep soundly now.

This is why Sophie isn’t talking about her famous sister… apparently

A legal services associate reckons Sophie might have signed an NDA which stops her from spilling the tea about her sister being Rochelle Humes. Apparently it would be to protect the singer’s squeaky clean image.

Love Island, winter, 2020, gossip, news, latest, Sophie, sister, NDA, Rochelle Humes

via Instagram

Speaking to Metro.co.uk, Dan Badham, an associate in the commercial team at Cripps Pemberton Greenish said: “Despite the reportedly close relationship between Sophie and Rochelle, we cannot rule out the possibility that Sophie was asked to sign an NDA or otherwise agreed to be bound by obligations of confidentiality.

“The value of Rochelle’s brand as a presenter is partly characterised by her ‘clean’ image. We would, therefore, expect that she would want to protect this and a well-structured NDA, with a clear definition of what constitutes ‘confidential information’ is a useful tool for achieving this purpose.”

Paige and Finley’s relationship is ‘doomed’

A body language expert for the Metro has labelled Paige and Finley’s relationship as “doomed” and is adamant that he will soon split with her.

She said: “He’s clearly not that interested in her. Again, I think wishful thinking. People want him to be somebody because they like her. It’s one of those shoved together relationships.”

Love Island, winter, 2020, gossip, news, latest, Paige, Finley, Finn

The boys had norovirus?!

Former Islander Ollie Williams has revealed that earlier in the series a number of the boys were struck down with norovirus. He said: “We all got norovirus, I definitely had a bad tummy, all the boys got it too. I had to a mad dash to the toilets one night. I don’t know if it was the food, you obviously drink loads of water in there so it could have been that.It was over pretty quickly, but it was pretty ropey for a while.”

For all the latest Love Island news, memes and gossip like The Holy Church of Love Island on Facebook.