We asked girls and guys how often they wank

‘I don’t even have a stepmum, but I can’t stop watching stepmum porn’

Let’s get this straight – I wank, you wank, we all wank. Butchers, bakers, candlestick makers. We’re all wankers and that’s just the way it’s going to be until the sad wanky day that global warming finishes all of us off for good. However, until that happens, let’s talk about it – the way in which we go about our business couldn’t be more different! We want to know how often you take yourself down to masturbate town.

We asked a load of people to tell us the full ins and outs (and in and out again), sparing no details down to the last drip-drop of satisfaction. Here’s some of the best responses:

The Girls

Phoebe, 22, single, two to three times a day

I am single and I wank around two to three times a day. I just touch my clit as I prefer no penetration when I’m masturbating and I use my vibrator most of the time. Usually, I rely on imagination – whether that’s fantasising, using memories or a combination of both. I do use porn sometimes though. I’ll google ‘Tumblr porn gifs’ or use the female-friendly category on pornhub. I also quite like lesbian porn because it’s more focused on female pleasure, as I often don’t want to see some girl getting absolutely pounded when that just doesn’t look pleasurable.

Victoria, 20, single, three to four times a week

I am single and I wank around 3-4 times a week. If I’m stressed I’ll do it more often. I started wanking because I had vaginismus which meant sex was really hard and I remember being so embarrassed, but then I got a vibrator and I love her. I started with a shitty one from Ann Summers but now I have five, including one with a suction thing for the clit which is WILD but super intense so don’t use it a lot.

I hate porn so much. Even amateur makes me feel sick, so I read erotica instead (there’s a great site called Literotica) because it’s usually based on the author’s real experiences so it feels a lot more real and not exploitative. It’s also a lot more easy to search for keywords you’re feeling, to be honest – I rarely do it to my own imagination.

Jen, 23, single, a couple of times a week

I am very single and I wank a couple of times a week, but probably more if I’m particularly horny, stressed or if I’m seeing someone. I bought a vibrator in the Ann Summers sale a few months ago and it is fun. If I’m just being efficient then it probably won’t be my first choice, but it definitely feels sexier.

I’m not a huge porn fan as I’m not a massively visual person, and I don’t think free stuff is always ethical (sex workers say that like PornHub isn’t great and can often be exploitative) and so that just snaps me out of it.

I read the naughty free books you can get on Kindle as they’re definitely not about the male gaze and are generally more often made with women in mind. Overall it just depends on my mood and if I’m feeling “grumpy, men are trash-single” or “sexy, owning my sexuality-single”.

Laura, 19, single, twice a day

I am as single as the day I was born, and I wank around twice a day before I fall asleep. It’s almost like a routine now. I lie on my front and kinda touch the area between my vagina and my clit, so my finger is laid across both of those areas (dual pleasure, smart move). I wank over imagination, like recent sexual experiences or fantasies, but never porn, which I try to boycott due to its treatment of women and how it makes men who watch it perceive women. Once a year, for some reason, I get really extremely horny and give in and watch it but it’s always amateur because I want to imagine myself in it.

Lucy, 20, has a boyfriend, once a day

I have a long term boyfriend and I masturbate probably once a day on average, but during exam season it goes up to at least four. I’m one of those weird kids that used to hump pillows and somehow disabled my ability to orgasm in other ways, so I have to use a scrunched up sock. I tend to watch porn, but the gay section on Netflix is great (Below Her Mouth is a revelation).

The Boys

Andy, 21, single, once a day

I probably wank roughly once a day. I love stepmum porn. Can’t get enough of it. There’s something about the older woman that is more sexually arousing than anything for me. As you can imagine, Lisa Ann is always going to score highly, but I’m also a big fan of Riley Reid so my tastes do range quite heavily – I don’t even have a stepmum, but I can’t stop watching stepmum porn. In fact, I’m not sure if having a stepmum would make me want to wank more to it or make me repulsed. I have a sister and the idea of sibling porn is not one I can say I’m interested in.

Tom, 22, single, at least once every other day

Shit, I masturbate at least once every other day if not more – man’s single and needs to bust. It’s a standard evening jobby unless I’m home alone, but then it’s midday wanks all round. There’s no better way to spend the evening than to jump in the shower, have a wank in bed then fall asleep. Laid down with pillows propping me up, I’ll hop on either the hub or HQ Porner, type in milf or amateur depending on how I’m feeling – deep throat is preferrable regardless.

Henry, 25, has a girlfriend, once a week

I have a girlfriend so I probably wank once a week. I’m a fairly simple man when it comes to my wanking preferences. I’m right-handed so that’s where we begin. Laid on back, legs flat and spread. I’ll whack on some porn to get things going. Big ass or babe are good categories, but I’ll only go on them if my search on the main home page isn’t fruitful.

Sometimes I’ll do it first thing in the morning when I wake up and already have something to work with, sometimes I’ll spontaneously get an erection in the evening and go for it, most times I need porn to get the ball rolling. If porn isn’t available, I’ll occasionally wank thinking about girls I slept with previously. I want the best video and the best moment to blow my load, resulting in a singular wank taking anywhere between three and 25 minutes, all things considered.

Geoff, 20, single, twice a day

I am single. I can wank up to twice a day usually. Using my right hand, I’ll lie down and open multiple tabs in case the video I’m watching isn’t good enough and I can quickly skip over to another. The average session will take about 5-10 minutes, and it will always be in the evening usually unless I’m not busy during the day. My favourite pornstars have got to be Mia Malkova, Lena Paul and Riley Reid.