Gavin and Stacey cast leak information about the Christmas special script

The fishing trip is revealed

The Gavin and Stacey Christmas special is finally coming and honestly its already going to be the highlight of my Christmas.

It’s been nine years since the last episode of Gavin and Stacey came out and now we will finally get some answers to the burning questions.

Are Nessa and Smithy together? What does Gavin and Stacey’s child sound like? A Welsh Essex hybrid? Will there be a Christmas omelette? And what the hell happened on that fishing trip?

As it gets closer to Christmas more details of the episode have been released.

Here’s everything we know about all the drama, Mick:

What happened on the fishing trip might actually be revealed

Joanna Page who plays Stacey appeared on This Morning and teased we’ll find out what happened on the fishing trip.

She said: “There are lots of old things and excited new things. Everything you wanted and loved about it but lots of new stuff.

“Tune in because there might just be a conversation about the fishing trip.”

So we might get an answer to this crazy fan theory that Bryn is Stacey’s dad.

I have never wanted to find something out more in my LIFE.

It’s at Stacey’s house and Bryn is cooking the Christmas dinner

The whole Gavin and Stacey cast head to Barry Island for Christmas.

It’s part of the deal that they alternate between Wales and Essex every year, although Pam is not that happy to be heading to Barry.

The BBC synopsis says: “Pam would secretly prefer to spend Christmas in Essex as she finds Gwen’s house a bit lacking.”

Bryn will be making the dinner and “understandably a bit tense”. In the trailer Bryn looks to be in a major flap on the kitchen floor.

We’ll see them as parents and grandparents

We’ll finally get to meet Gavin and Stacey’s child as well as seeing baby Neil all grown up.

Smithy is not with Nessa, so he travels to Barry every weekend and every second Wednesday to continue his fatherly duties.

Pam, Mick and Gwen are said to be “doting” grandparents.

via BBC

Even Gwen and Pete are making the trip to Wales

The couple with the disastrous marriage join the rest of the cast in Wales and Gwen is said to discover something about Pete on Christmas Eve that could potentially ruin their relationship.

There’s new cast members!

In the synopsis released by the BBC Bryn is said to be cooking dinner for more than 13 people. The full cast, including Stacey’s brother, both children, and Dawn and Pete totals 13 people.

So who else is going to be sitting at the best dinner table on Christmas day?

There are two rumoured new additions – Laura Aikman playing Sonia and Youssef Kerkour playing Emlyn.

We won’t be getting another American Boy duet

There are a number of notable absences from the cast.

There is no appearance of Dave from Dave’s coaches in the trailer. He called off his wedding to Nessa at the ceremony when Smithy interrupted and left the wedding saying “It’s been a blast, sugar tits.”

So he’s probably not making it to a family Christmas.

Smithy’s sister Rudi, played by Sheridan Smith, will not be returning to do a reprise of their iconic American Boy duet. Sheridan confirmed that she was not asked to come back. Gutted.

Sadly neighbour Doris won’t be popping by to uncomfortably flirt with Gavin, as Margaret John, who played the pensioner, died in 2011.

But Nessa and Bryn do a duet

This could even be better than the American Boy number. Nessa and Bryn will be singing ‘Fairytale of New York’ in the pub in Barry.

Ruth Jones, who plays Nessa said: “It’s been a tradition for Bryn and Nessa to sing together so that was one of the ingredients we wanted to include.”

There could have been a cheating scandal

James Corden and Ruth Jones debated having Gavin cheat on Stacey.

But thankfully they decided against the idea as they felt it wasn’t “right with the show”.

Talking about the plot Ruth said:“We obviously wanted to take it 10 years on but didn’t want to sensationalise it and have something major happen.

“We didn’t want to make it like a big explosion, we wanted to keep it as real as possible, true to the characters as possible.

“But also you have to have a narrative drive in there as well.”