These 17 memes of Boris Johnson’s election vid will ruin Love Actually forever

Even Hugh Grant is rumbled

Last night we were blessed with a Conservative Party election video. Blessed because it’s brought with it a whole bunch of hilarious memes, not because of any of its actual content. It’s a Boris Johnson Love Actually parody, which he is aptly calling Brexit, Actually.

If you’ve missed it, here it is in all its memeable glory:

The video shows Boris Johnson door-stopping some voters. Then he whacks out the cue cards, Love Actually style, which say he will get Brexit done by next year and we can all finally move on. He adds that votes have never been more important and admits “the other guy could win”. He urges the woman to vote Conservative to avoid a hung parliament and then wishes her a Merry Christmas.

But onto the more important bit, the Boris Johnson Love Actually memes. The internet has gone wild for the video, and the reactions are nothing short of ruthless. Here are some of the best.

1. Firstly, let’s address the lack of originality

The Labour MP for Tooting in London did Love Actually for her campaign video and it went viral. We’ve seen it all before.

2. She’s got you here, Boris

Boris Johnson Love Actually, Boris Johnson, Boris, Love Actually, Conservative, Tory, Tories, Party, election, campaign, video, memes, reactions, tweets, Twitter, funny, best, savage

3. Awkward

4. Did you think this through Boris?

5. Yikes!!!!

6. This bit must’ve been edited out x

7. Let’s take a moment for this bit, and this bit only

8. Fixed it again

9. Someone had to say it

10. Well, when you put it like that

11. Ugh classic

12. This is the best one yet

13. RUMBLED

14. I don’t think this was the plan

15. Curveball???!!

16. I can’t watch Love Actually ever again now

17. Straight to the point

It’s all just quite awkward really, isn’t it?