If you don’t register to vote by midnight tomorrow you’re a massive idiot

Oh my God just do it

Hide Images

So, rumour has it there's a general election coming up on December 12th, and it's kind of a big deal.

The deadline for registering to vote in this election is tomorrow at midnight. That means you have less than 48 hours to register. Lucky for you, registering to vote doesn't take 48 hours, it only takes five minutes.

620,000 students have already registered to vote – if you're not one of those 620,000 you need to register now.

Click this link HERE to register. No seriously click it right now. Click it. It's right here. Stop reading. Click it now. Please.

Now let us deal with any possible excuses you may have: "But what if I'm a student and I don't know whether to register to vote at uni or at home?" you ask. You can be registered to vote in both, for the purpose of local elections (not big boy general elections like this one), so there's no harm in registering again to be safe that you're definitely registered in the constituency you plan to vote in.

You can vote in either your home or uni constituency, but you can't vote twice. Don't try, it will be really embarrassing if you do.

"I don't know which constituency to vote in" you say. Well, that's up to you. It depends on who you want to vote for, how safe the seat is in your local area and if it can be swung.

"What if I'm on a year abroad and I'm not in the UK?" you ask. Don't worry, you can register to vote via postal vote. Same registration deadline, same day.

"What if I don't know who I want to vote for?" you say. Well, you could base it on something important and substantial that actually affects you like tuition fees, LGBTQ+ issues or mental health. Or you could base it on something completely irrelevant, like your choice of meal deal, your Greggs order or your childhood TV opinions. Or be a sheep and base it off what everyone else is doing.

Regardless of who you vote for when December 12th rolls around or how controversial your meal deal opinions are, only one thing matters right now: Please. Register. To. Vote.

Related stories recommended by this reader:

The majority of students are going to vote at home, not uni, Tab poll finds

AJ Tracey and Grime4Corbyn step back from supporting the Labour campaign

Revealed: How many students at your uni are voting Tory