Brooklyn Nine-Nine has been renewed for season eight

Has Christmas come early?!

Hide Images

It’s official: Brooklyn Nine-Nine season eight is happening.

NBC tweeted a video of the news being announced to the cast. They are told: “we want you to come back” and obviously everyone is excited. There’s paper throwing, cheering, hugging and a lot of clapping.

Stephanie Beatriz, who plays Rosa Diaz, also confirmed the news on Twitter. She posted a video of her and the other cast members captioned: “SEASON 8! #brooklyn99 #dreamscometrue”.

In the video the cast say they are “so excited” and are “coming your way”. And tbh, this is the best news ever.

The announcement of Brooklyn Nine-Nine season eight is very early, seeing as season seven hasn’t even hit our screens yet. The seventh season of the show will premiere in the US on 6th February 2020 and is expected to air in the UK on E4 soon after.

The Netflix release date for this season has not yet been announced. Only season one to five are able to stream on Netflix currently.

The first episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s seventh season is going to be an hour long – episodes are usually 20 minutes (without breaks). Season seven will have 13 episodes in total.

It had previously looked like Brooklyn Nine-Nine’s days were numbered. It was temporarily cancelled last year when US broadcaster FOX decided to end it after five seasons. But NBC picked it up and saved the show for everyone.

In a statement, Lisa Katz and Tracey Pakosta, NBC Co-Presidents of Scripted Programming, said: “It’s been one of our great joys as a network to give Brooklyn Nine-Nine a second life.

“Cheers to [executive producers] Dan Goor, Mike Schur, Luke Del Tredici and David Miner, and our amazing cast and crew who each week turn New York’s finest into New York’s funniest.”

Noice!!