You’ll be able to watch episode one of The Crown season three without Netflix

Netflix is launching a free website dedicated for it

Hide Images

Viewers will be able to watch The Crown season three episode one for free, without a Netflix account.

The new series of the show is being released on Netflix on Sunday 17th November, but for the first time ever you won’t need a subscription to be able to watch the beginning of it.

Netflix will be putting the first episode on a dedicated site available for a limited time, from Sunday. Netflix viewers will be able to watch the entire series from the site as normal.

The Crown season three on Netflix

This is the first time this has been done and marks the success of the first Netflix original show to be filmed completely in Britain. The series has become one of Netflix’s most successful shows ever.

A spokesperson for Netflix said: “The Crown has become a globally renowned British success story since it first launched on Netflix three years ago. We want to give as many people as possible a flavour of the great content Netflix is creating here in the U.K., by offering the first instalment of the new series without signing up.”

Season three of The Crown features Olivia Colman as The Queen, Helena Bonham Carter as Princess Margaret, Tobias Menzies as Prince Philip, Ben Daniels as Lord Snowdon, Josh O’Connor as Prince Charles, Emerald Fennell as Camilla Parker Bowles, Erin Doherty as Princess Anne, Marion Bailey as the Queen Mother and Gillian Anderson as Margaret Thatcher.

Producers have confirmed that this season will be set in the 1970s.

Here’s the trailer for The Crown season three on Netflix:

The Crown season three episode one will be available to stream from Sunday (17th).