Image may contain: Sleeve, Hair, Dress, Shirt, Smile, Blonde, Teen, Female, Woman, Child, Girl, Kid, Dating, Coat, Suit, Overcoat, Accessory, Tie, Accessories, Face, Person, Human, Apparel, Clothing

Molly-Mae says she’s smug her and Tommy are still together

She also said ‘everyone knows Tommy and I were the winners in a way’

Molly-Mae has said she feels "smug" that her and Tommy and one of the only Love Island 2019 couples still together.

In the interview, Molly-Mae also added that: "everyone knows Tommy and I were the winners in a way".

It's another controversy for Molly-Mae this week. Along with getting accused of culturally appropriating for Halloween, she was rinsed for cooking Tommy unseasoned chicken. He defended the anaemic fillet as a "fighter's meal", clearing up that "I don't like seasoning or any of that".

In the interview with Mirror Online, Molly-Mae said her and Tommy have proved everyone calling them fake wrong.

"I think I'd be wrong if I said it didn't give me a bit of a smug feeling because it does," she said.

"It's nice to be able to show everyone they were all wrong because they didn't believe in us and it's so nice to show that we were the realest couple in there and I think that's really shown since we've come out."

Love Island 2019 couples have been biting the dust at a scary rate. Last week Danny and Jourdan called it quits, joining Greg and Amber, Ovie and India, Belle and Anton, and Chris and Harley on the boulevard of broken discount codes.

She went on to say how her and Tommy won the show – in a way – and would actually have been less happy if they didn't win. "I saw Amber the other day and it's sad what happened, but she would have told you herself that Tommy and I were the winners," Molly-Mae said.

"It's a hard one because everyone knows Tommy and I were the winners in a way but everything happens for a reason and we didn't need to win the show to prove what we've got because everyone can see it now and we're so happy, but maybe we wouldn't have been if we'd won, you just never know."