The Derry Girls are doing a Great British Bake Off special

This is the crossover we all need

Prepare yourself for the greatest crossover in British TV history because the Derry Girls are doing Great British Bake Off. Yes, really.

All of the main cast, that’s Saoirse-Monica Jackson, Nicola Coughlan, Jamie-Lee O’Donnell, Dylan Llewellyn and Siobhan McSweeney, will be gracing the tent for a festive special of the show. The actors who play Erin, Clare, Michelle, James, and Sister Michael are going to be cooking up a storm on Channel 4.

Derry Girls, The Great British Bake Off, GBBO, bake off, Christmas, special, festive, Great Festive Bake Off, Channel 4

The special will air on New Year’s Day, which makes for perfect viewing as you nurse your horrible New Year’s hangover. Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith will be judging and picking their Star Baker, whilst Noel Fielding and Sandi Toksvig will be resuming their hosting duties.

Nicola announced the news on her Instagram. She posted a screenshot of a press release for the show captioned: “The News is Out?! #DerryGirls do #BakeOff!!! Tune in on New Years Day to see if we burn down the tent ?#GBBO”.

The press release read: “The Great Festive Bake Off sees Noel, Sandi, Prue and Paul welcoming brand new bakers to the festive tent for the first time, in the form of the Derry Girls star cast.

“Baking up some New Year’s inspired bakes and competing for the coveted Star Baker title are Saoirse-Monica Jackson, Nicola Coughlan, Jamie-Lee O’Donnell, Dylan Llewellyn and Siobhan McSweeney.”

This is the Christmas present we all deserve.

Great Festive Bake Off will air on Channel 4 on New Year’s Day.