Ted Bundy’s ex-girlfriend and her daughter to speak out in new documentary

It’s called Ted Bundy: Falling for a Killer

Hide Images

A new documentary featuring Ted Bundy’s ex-girlfriend and her daughter is coming out. The five-part original docuseries will be called Ted Bundy: Falling for a Killer.

Ted Bundy’s ex-girlfriend, Elizabeth Kendall, and her daughter Molly have been silent for 40 years, but have finally decided to speak out about their experiences in the Amazon series.

Here’s everything we know about the upcoming release of Ted Bundy: Falling for a Killer.

Ted Bundy’s mugshots

What is Ted Bundy: Falling for a Killer about?

The documentary will detail the crimes of serial killer Ted Bundy as well as his relationship with his long-term girlfriend Elizabeth Kendall (also known by the last name Kloepfer). The series looks at Bundy’s story from a female perspective. Elizabeth was played by Lily Collins in the film adaptation of the story called Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile.

The series will share unsettling new details about Ted Bundy and the pull he had on women. It also includes an archive of never-before-seen family photos. Elizabeth Kendall and Molly will be joined by other women involved in the case, including survivors of Bundy’s attacks. Some of these women have also never spoken publicly before.

One of the never before seen pictures, via Amazon

Amazon Prime released a statement about the documentary, which said: “Bundy’s crimes from a female perspective — uncovering the disturbing and profound way in which Bundy’s pathological hatred of women collided with the culture wars and feminist movement of the 1970s, culminating in what is perhaps the most infamous true-crime saga of our time.”

Ted Bundy assaulted and murdered young women and girls during the 1970s. After years of denying his crimes, he admitted to 30 murders, but the true number of victims remains unknown. It is thought the real number is closer to 100. He was sentenced to death by electrocution and died in 1989.

What is the release date for Ted Bundy: Falling for a Killer and how can I watch it?

The documentary will be available in 2020 on Amazon Prime Video. The exact release date has not yet been announced. The Amazon Prime series will coincide with Kendall’s updated and expanded 1981 memoir, The Phantom Prince: My Life With Ted Bundy.

If you don’t have a prime account, don’t worry. You can sign up for a free trial here. Best save it for when the doc is released.

Zac Efron as Ted Bundy

The new documentary comes after the release of Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes on Netflix and the film Extremely Wicked Shockingly Evil and Vile, which had Zac Efron cast as the killer. This brought the Ted Bundy case back into the spotlight.