Image may contain: Necktie, Crowd, Overcoat, Apparel, Coat, Suit, Clothing, Face, Person, Human, Tie, Accessories, Accessory

BoJo wins a parliamentary vote for the first time, after eight attempts

LLLLLLLW

Boris Johnson's government has finally beaten Labour in a parliamentary vote, after being defeated at the first seven attempts

The government had previously one won vote, but with Labour's backing so it doesn't really count.

Today The "Air Quality Regulations" bill passed by 280 votes to 204, finally giving Johnson a victory.

It's been so long coming that the Deputy Speaker called it a "unique moment".

Johnson suffered the ignominy of losing six votes in six days during September. Overall, his government lost seven out of eight votes held in the commons

Since taking office, Boris Johnson had lost each of the seven contested votes – until this one. Most notably, a bill to block no-deal Brexit passed, Johnson's attempt to have a general election was denied, and the PM was made to publish the government's "Yellowhammer" no-deal Brexit planning documents.

The Prime Minister doesn't have a majority after withdrawing the whip from 21 Tory MPs, including Churchill's grandson Nicholas Soames and two former Chancellors.

Yesterday, parliament reopened with the Queen's Speech.