Image may contain: Person, Human, Bird, Animal, Vehicle, Transportation

What is the Untitled Goose Game and why’s everyone going nuts over it?

Help me I don’t understand

Niche memes – we live and breathe them. Whether it be the aliens allegedly in Area 51, the Fish Tube, or the reactions to Flume eating ass. This week it’s a goose’s turn in the spotlight, but not the geese you’ll find storming your uni, a goose from the Untitled Goose Game.

The game released on Switch, Mac and Windows on the 20th of September and has become a huge hit with Let’s Players on YouTube.

But what is the Untitled Goose Game and why are people so bonkers for it? Here’s what we know:

What is The Untitled Goose Game?

Developed by House House, Untitled Goose game is set in a middle class village in England. The player controls a goose whose sole mission is to piss off the people who live there.

Now in most games characters are able to do things like jump, punch, swing swords, ride dragons, and such. In Untitled Goose Game the player has to flap their wings, honk, and grab stuff with their beak to win. Tasks the player has to accomplish include putting a rake in a lake, trick a groundskeeper into wearing his sun hat, and have a picnic using stolen items.

Untitled Goose Game, switch, mac, windows, price, explain, meme, download, how to play, rake, lake, people, tweets, youtube, pewdiepie, dunkey

Where can I play the Untitled Goose Game?

The Game released two weeks ago, and is only available on Mac, Windows, and the Nintendo Switch. PS$ and XBox One owners are shit out of luck.

Is the Untitled Goose Game free?

On the Nintendo website it’s listed at £17.99 for the Switch, and £11.99 for Mac and Windows.

Why is it so damn popular?

A bit like with Five Nights at Freddy’s, Slenderman, and Getting Over It With Bennet Foddy, the game has proven popular with YouTubers playing it and jokily narrating what they’re doing.

The game has also proven popular with critics, and was given five stars by The Guardian, who said: “Certainly not fowl, most definitely worth a gander, it’s a whimsical little game full of charm and joy and a wonderful experience for just about anyone.”

Can I see some Untitled Goose Game memes, please?

Yes you can. Here they are: