Image may contain: Girl, Clothing, Apparel, Woman, Sitting, Couch, Furniture, Female, Smile, Face, Person, Human

Brock Turner sexual assault survivor reveals her identity and is releasing a memoir

She’s giving her first public interview this September

The woman who was sexually assaulted by Brock Turner in 2015 has revealed her identity ahead of the release of her memoir, entitled "Know My Name."

Her real name is Chanel Miller, though she was known as Emily Doe for the duration of the Brock Turner trial and has only chosen to reveal her identity now.

Her memoir, which revolves around the sexual assault and trial, is set to be released on the 24th September. According to her publisher, Viking: "It is a story of how she reclaims her identity to tell her story of trauma, transcendence, and the power of words."

The case made widespread news after the county judge, Aaron Persky, sentenced him to just six months in prison despite facing a standard rape charge of up to 14 years. Brock Turner never admitted to raping Chanel Miller, but was found guilty by Judge Persky. Persky believed he was guilty, but "remorseful", which warranted a shorter sentence.

Yesterday CBS announced they will air Miller's first interview on September 22nd and released a clip of her reading her victim impact statement.

After her victim impact statement was read at the trial in 2016 it was released publicly and sparked multiple conversations surrounding rape culture and white male privilege.

The case made further headlines when Brock Turner served just three months of his sentence which led to California passing minimum sentence requirements for sexual assault cases.

Image: 60 Minutes / CBS