Image may contain: Woman, Female, Face, Clothing, Apparel, Person, Human

Introducing Singletown: The new ITV2 show that’s Love Island in the city

The summer romances ain’t over yet

Love Island is well and truly over and Heartbreak Holiday is coming to a close too. But ITV2’s newest couple based show, Singletown, is waiting in the wings ready to satiate your thirst for more frisky and flirty summertime fun.

It’s hosted by Emily Atack and Joel Dommett and features a host of diverse couples prepared to split up and live in separate houses and crack on with other people.

The idea is they explore being with new people to see whether the grass is greener, having been shacked up with the same person for years. The only thing is, their exes can see everything on a screen. Let drama commence!!

Image may contain: Singletown, ITV2, reality, TV, show, new, Love Island, start date, trailer, cast, Sleeve, Woman, Human, Person, Female, Dress, Clothing, Apparel

Hosts Joel Dommett and Emily Atack

At the end of each week, the couples regather and choose whether to stay single or get back together. If a couple choose to stay together they will go home, but if one chooses to remain single, they will return to their apartment and stay on the show.

It’s a bit like if Love Island was just Casa Amor over and over again. Which is an incredible concept.

Emily Atack said: “Initially, it seems really savage but as it goes on you really see the point of it.

“We haven’t just done it to be cruel, these people have chosen to be on here and be single and also knowing what the other one is up to, giving them little snip bits of how the other one is behaving, it only gives them a push, “I need to get out there then.”

Not only will Joel and Emily be the hosts, they will also act as mentors and counsellors to the heartbroken new singletons and build them up to go out and play the field.

The pair claim that their own life experiences have helped to inform their mentoring, with Emily saying: “We’ve both been around the block, we’ve experienced all kinds of relationships and dating, and so it makes sense to have someone on hand to guide these people who has experienced a lot of it.”

Joel said: “Basically, we’ve become very wise by boning a lot of people.”

Meet the Singletown 2019 cast:

Image may contain: Singletown, ITV2, reality, TV, show, new, Love Island, start date, trailer, cast, Pants, Sitting, Woman, People, Skin, Sleeve, Footwear, Shoe, Female, Clothing, Apparel, Person, Human

Claudia and Rob

Image may contain: Singletown, ITV2, reality, TV, show, new, Love Island, start date, trailer, cast, Female, Arm, People, Skin, Face, Person, Human

21-year-old Claudia and 23-year-old Rob are from Surrey and started off as best friends before they became a couple. Claudia says that “It’s make-or-break for us.”

The pair have been together for three years. Rob is hoping to spend more time with his lad mates, whilst Claudia is interested in seeing how single life feels.

Sophie and George

Image may contain: Singletown, ITV2, reality, TV, show, new, Love Island, start date, trailer, cast, Coat, Female, Sleeve, Apparel, Clothing, Person, Human

18-year-old Sophie and 21-year-old George are from Birmingham. Sophie is an aspiring army medic and is getting tired of George “worshipping” her. George, on the other hand, wants to get engaged.

Sophie says: “This is a massive test in our relationship.”

Selin and Jeremiah

Image may contain: Singletown, ITV2, reality, TV, show, new, Love Island, start date, trailer, cast, Sleeve, Woman, Dress, Female, Apparel, Clothing, Person, Human

21-yeard-old Selin and 23-year-old Jeremiah are from Chelmsford and have been together for seven years. Selin said: “I feel like Jeremiah takes me for granted.”

The pair have broken up on several occasions and Selin worries she is only with Jeremiah for fear of being alone, something she wishes to prove wrong by going on the show.

Natasha and Luke

Image may contain: Singletown, ITV2, reality, TV, show, new, Love Island, start date, trailer, cast, Face, Woman, Female, Skin, Sleeve, Person, Human, Apparel, Clothing

23-year-old Natasha and 29-year-old Luke are from the West Midlands and have been together for two and a half years.

The couple are hoping the show will confirm the strength of their relationship and Natasha hopes it will encourage Luke to put a ring on it. Luke said: “I’m just happy to find out if Natasha is 100 per cent the one.”

Charlie and Elliott

Image may contain: Singletown, ITV2, reality, TV, show, new, Love Island, start date, trailer, cast, Apparel, Clothing, People, Sitting, Man, Human, Person

23-year-old Charlie and 25-year-old Elliott are from High Wycombe. They probably have the most eventful relationship, with it triggering Charlie’s coming out as gay. He then moved into Elliott’s family home after seven months of being together.

Charlie says he feels “bored” in the relationship, and the pair are testing whether they would be better as friends.

Charlie said: “My reason for applying to this show would be for self-discovery.

“I feel like we’ve not ever had a week away from each other, so these weeks apart will be a long time. I’m hoping I’ll be able to find myself and then see where that will take us.”

Watch the trailer for ITV2’s Singletown here:

When does Singletown start?

Catch all the action on ITV2 on Monday 2nd September at 9pm. Then just like Love Island, the show is on every day at that time. The gap is finally being filled!!!!