The most hilariously tragic memes about Boardmasters getting cancelled
You really do hate to see it x
Last night Boardmasters organisers announced the festival was cancelled due to severe weather conditions, just seven hours before the festival was supposed to start.
This sent ticket holders into meltdown and their responses made for some pretty amazing memes. Some were livid because they had travelled hundreds of miles to Newquay, a few had booked precious time off work and some just wanted to flog the forty Pot Noodles they were stuck with.
If you want to see a very salty but hilarious group of people make a shit situation jokes, look no further.
We've compiled all the best tweets, Facebook comments and Insta responses from everyone who got fucked over:
1. Please someone take these Pot Noodles off my hands
2. Boardmasters is a big flake
New clothes: £200
Food and drink: £200
Finding out it’s cancelled at 11pm the night before: Priceless#boardmasters
— Dave Arberry (@davidarberry98) August 6, 2019
3. DiscoBoy has got us covered
I don't know who DiscoBoy is or how he's verified, but I trust him.
4. People went through a lot to get those tickets
5. Some people had travelled really far
6. Like, really far
7. Those pics of your tickets you posted on Insta are just sad now
— Kim Shail (@kim_shail) August 6, 2019
8. Let's go to the zoo-oo, let's go get away
9. Richard Harrison doesn't care about your damn festival
10. Mum, Dad, I don't need that lift anymore
— Sara Robatzchi (@SaraRobatzchi) August 7, 2019
11. Some people are willing to risk their lives for this festival
The show must go on!
12. It got… kinda threatening?
Such a specific type of pole? What does Nicole know that we don't?
13. Who needs 40 pot noodles when you have three floral shirts
Boardmasters is cancelled. Anyone got a free yard? I can bring
25 cheese sandwiches
A box of cocktail sausages
18 sausage rolls
8L of water
2 packets of Family bag McCoys
And 3 Floral shirts as some compensation #Boardmasters
— Ewan Anderson (@EwanAnderson12) August 6, 2019
14. Say it ain't so
15. All that festival prep for nothing
16. When in doubt: Boomtown
Swapping Boardies for Boomtown would be like when people get their plane tickets surprise upgraded to first class. Let's pray for this guy.
17. Just trying to make a bit of honest money
18. Only 90s kids will remember
19. Let it out mate, let it out
20. My tooth aches reading this comment
21. Can't exactly get ket refunded, can you
22. Let's see them aliens
If you don't understand what this is a reference to, it's about raiding Area 51. We love it when memes past and present come together.
23. Not sus at all
#boardmasters ticket for sale, no particular reason just dont feel like going anymore tbh
— jason (@Jason_P1010) August 6, 2019
24. You can find light in the darkest of times