Greggs has a secret menu you can only get in certain locations

I’m moving to Scotland ASAP

Hide Images

Depending on where you live in the UK, you might be able to get one or more of the secret menu items in Greggs. Spanning everything from meat to veg, from savoury to sweet, there’s secret Greggs menu items across the country.

The secret items are local delicacies from that area, such as Welsh cakes in Wales and Empire biscuits in Scotland – you won’t find them anywhere else.

So if you were confused as to why your Scottish friend is complaining they can’t find Scotch pies in Greggs down south, this is why.

Now that’s got your mouth watering, here’s where to actually find Greggs secret menu items:

The North East

Cheese scones – savoury scones with cheese baked into the sponge

Pink Iced Fingers – a primary school classic these are basically an uncut hot dog bun covered with pink icing

Peach Melbas – the peach is pudding covered in pastry and filled with cream

Stotties – flat loaves of bread with an indent in the middle filled with meat and cheese

Empire Biscuits – two buttery biscuits sandwiched together with raspberry jam, iced and decorated with a glacé cherry

Fruit Scones – a sweet scone with currants and raisins baked into it

Savoury Mince Pies – like a Christmas mince pie, but filled with real meat and onions

The North West

Meat and Potato Bakes – pastry filled with beef mince, potatoes and onions

Scotland

Scotch Pies – a small, double-crust meat-pie filled with minced mutton or other meat

Vanilla Doughnuts – a hotdog bun-shaped doughnut filled with vanilla cream, caster sugar and a dollop of cherry jam

Bloomer Sandwiches – thick cuts of white bread with a mix of fillings

Apple Danishes – cooked apple wrapped in flaky pastry and topped with icing

Devon Doughnuts – a caster sugar-coated scone-like bun filled with clotted cream

Via Twitter: @G4Christina

French Fancies – two square layers of cake with a flavoured filling topped with a dollop of buttercream all wrapped in a layer of fondant

Jumbo Chocolate Ring Doughnuts – a larger version or a normal ring doughnut topped with chocolate icing

Empire Biscuits

Fruit Scones

Pineapple Cakes – a pastry case filled with a layer of pineapple jam a dome of cream and coated in yellow icing

The South East

Tottenham Cakes – a sponge traybake smothered in raspberry and coconut icing

Apple Danish

Corned Beef Bake

London Cheesecakes – puff pastry filled with almond cream and jam and topped off with coconut shavings

The South West

Egg Custard Tarts – a shortcrust pastry case with a cooked vanilla custard mixture in the middle

The South

Bread Pudding – a mix of bread, raisins and custard cooked together and then sliced into pieces

Wales

Chocolate Flake Cakes – two chocolate sponges sandwiched together with chocolate spread, covered in icing and topped with a chocolate flake

Welsh Cakes – a cross between a cookie, a scone, and a pancake filled with spices and currants

Related Greggs stories:

• It’s time someone said it, Greggs is average and only loved by southerners

• Which Greggs menu item is your uni?

Lewis Capaldi has been spotted serving up sausage rolls in Greggs