Image may contain: Photography, Photo, Tripod, Cushion, Human, Person

Missing YouTuber Etika has been found dead

He had uploaded a YouTube video discussing suicide

Police involved in the search for missing YouTuber Etika have confirmed that his body has been found.

The 29-year-old gamer, whose YouTube channel is popular for playing and discussing Nintendo games, was reported as missing a week ago.

The belongings of the YouTuber, real name Desmond Amofah, were found on Manhattan Bridge on Monday.

He had recently uploaded an eight-minute long video on his YouTube channel discussing suicide.

Image may contain: Etika, Desmond Amofah, YouTuber, YouTube, vlog, gaming, found, dead, body, death, Nintendo, Twitch, missing, news, updates, Crowd, Dating, Cushion, Face, Human, Person

Etika in one of his YouTube videos

Etika also used the streaming website Twitch to discuss gaming. His Twitch account has since been deleted, but other social media accounts belonging to Desmond Amofah remain up.

Etika had joined YouTube in 2012 and gained a following. His videos would usually include him reviewing and reacting to game releases, mainly from Nintendo.

However he uploaded a video titled "I'm sorry" on June 19th. This video was of him walking the streets discussing his recent struggle with mental illness. He apologised for pushing people away and said social media had "consumed" him in recent times.

The video was posted to his secondary YouTube channel and was later deleted.

New York Police Department tweeted confirming the discovery of his body yesterday. The tweet read: "We regret to inform that Desmond Amofah aka Etika has been found deceased." It attached the original appeal for information after he had gone missing.

The appeal had said Etika was last seen at around 8pm on June 19th and that there was concern for his well-being after the "I'm sorry" video upload.

Nothing has been confirmed about the circumstances of his death.

Tributes have been flooding in on the NYPD Twitter post. One says: "Rest in peace my man. You were a very nice and lively person. My heart goes to his family and loved one." Another reads: "I'm genuinely shocked. rest in peace Etika, you've been an inspiration to many."

If you are affected by the issues in this article and would like confidential support, please call Samaritans on 116 123, or email [email protected]