KFC is launching a vegan burger and I am buzzing
It’s gonna be fried in that secret blend of herbs and spices
In a huge leap forward for vegans, KFC is launching a vegan burger.
Called "The Imposter", the burger is made from Quorn and will be fried in the classic KFC batter.
It's trialing for four weeks from today (17th June) in certain restaurants, mainly in Bristol and Birmingham, and costs £2.99 on its own or £3.49 with a drink.
As a riff on KFC's Original Recipe Fillet Burger, The Imposter patty is accompanied by vegan mayo, lettuce, and a soft-glazed bun.
"Working with KFC we've created a bespoke Quorn fillet that does the Colonel's recipe justice. We have no doubt that KFC fans are going to love the modern take on a finger lickin' favorite," Tony Davison, Head of Global Foodservice & QSR at Quorn, told Plant Based News.
Check out the list of stores below:
• Bristol – Fishponds
• Bristol Bradley Stoke
• Bristol – Winterstoke Road
• Bristol – Eastgate Retail Park
• Bristol – Avonmeads Retail Park
• Bristol – Shield Retail Park
•Bristol – Keynsham
• Bristol – Hengrove Leisure Park
• Bristol – The Venue Cribbs Causeway
• Birmingham – Great Bridge Retail Pk
• Bloxwich – Leamore Lane
• Cannock – Orbital Retail Park
•Tamworth – Ventura Retail Park
• Tyburn – Kingsbury Road
•Walsall – Junction 10 M6 Services
• Walsall – Park Street
• Dudley – Merry Hill Food Court
• Stourbridge – St Johns Road
• Dudley – Merry Hill Drive Thru
• London – Gloucester Road