Image may contain: Tile Roof, Cottage, Town, City, House, Urban, Neighborhood, Outdoors, Nature, Architecture, Monastery, Building, Housing, Roof

JLS singer Oritse Williams’ £3million house has burned down

Around 70 firefighters were sent to put out the blaze

JLS singer Oritse Williams' £3million Croydon mansion has burned down. The fire is being treated by police as an arson attack.

The property has been substantially damaged by the blaze. This comes just one week after the singer was cleared of raping a fan in a hotel room.

Image may contain: Oritse Williams house fire, Oritse Williams, JLS, house, fire, mansion, burned down, damage, pictures, news, Nature, Building, Outdoors, Roof, Human, Person

via Twitter @LondonFire

Ten fire engines and around 70 firefighters were called to a fire at his home in Croydon, London. Crews were sent from eight local stations.

The first and second floor of the three-storey building were damaged by fire. A small part of the roof was also damaged. Photos of the house show the severe damage to the roof, and a derelict garden with an empty pool. Aerial footage shot by SWNS shows the extent of the damage to the mansion.

The mansion was previously owned by late comedian Ronnie Corbett. Oritse Williams is not believed to have been living in the property at the time of the fire. London Fire Brigade has confirmed nobody was harmed.

Image may contain: Oritse Williams house fire, Oritse Williams, JLS, house fire, fire, burned down, news, Fireman, Person, Human, Apparel, Clothing, Helmet

via Twitter @LondonFire

The London Fire Brigade confirmed that they were called at 4.30pm – but the fire was under control by shortly before 7pm.

Last week, Oritse Williams was cleared of raping a fan in a hotel after a gig in Wolverhampton. He said they had consensual sex.

His tour manager, Jamien Nagadhana, who was accused of sexual assault by penetration, was also found not guilty in court.

Image may contain: Oritse Williams house fire, Oritse Williams, house, fire, mansion, croydon, london, fire, Tub, Hot Tub, Jacuzzi, Transportation, Vehicle, Watercraft, Vessel, Roof, Shelter, Rural, Countryside, Building, Nature, Outdoors

via Twitter @LondonFire

The investigation into the cause of the fire continues, and police are calling the incident "suspicious".

A spokeswoman for Scotland Yard has confirmed that that "arson form a line of enquiry" in their investigation.

She said: "Police were called at 4.39pm on Tuesday, June 4 following reports of a fire at a residential address in Spout Hill, Croydon.

"Officers attended with LFB. There were no reported injuries. There have been no arrests.

"The fire is being treated as suspicious and therefore it will form part of enquiries as to whether it is a case of arson. Enquiries underway as to cause of fire."

This story will be updated as more information is known.