How to use every single sex toy on yourself, from girls to girls

Warning: this guide will make you come

Hide Images

Whether you want to use them on your own or with a partner, knowing how to use sex toys is a life skill that will never let you down. Vibrator, bullets, rabbits, wands – where do you even start? You might have so many questions in your head like “how do you use sex toys?” and “will using a sex toy make sex life better?”

Luckily for you, we’re written an ultimate guide on how to use sex toys from girls to girls.

Relax, don’t rush and don’t take it too seriously

The key thing with understanding how to use sex toys is to relax and not rush. Don’t have incredibly high expectations and just start enjoying the new sensations your sex toy provides you with. We-Vibe’s Relationship expert, Psychologist, Dr. Becky Spelman told The Tab: “It’s perfectly normal to be excited about trying out a sex toy or sex toys for first time, but rushing things is not a good idea.

“Above all, it is important not to take yourself or your sex play too seriously when you are using a sex toy for the first time. The clue is in the word “toy”—it’s supposed to be fun! Whether you are alone or with a special someone, don’t be afraid to get into situations that will make you laugh or feel a little silly; that’s part of the game.”

Get in the mood for sex

Dr Becky says: “Just like with ordinary sex, it is important to get warmed up before getting to work. Reading some erotic literature or listening to some sexy music might help set the mood.” And she’s right, the more aroused you are when you got into it, the more intense your experience will be.

Lube up when learning how to use sex toys

Dr Becky recommends to lubricate yourself before using sex toys. She advises: “In the case of women in particular, whether they are on their own or with a partner, it’s important to be lubricated before inserting a toy or using friction, as the tissues of the female genital area are very sensitive and could be scratched or even torn with rigorous sex toy use before they’re ready.

“Lubrication could be artificial or, better yet, natural—so some foreplay is definitely in order. Similar advice applies to men who are interested in anal play—but obviously as this area does not naturally produce lubrication, the application of a safe lubricating product is essential to keep the body safe and well.”

Read the manual instructions before using your sex toy

Dr Becky recommends: “When getting used to a new toy, take it slow. Read the instructions, and spend some time trying to figure out how the device works and what feels good.

“Remember that it’s not about getting a quick orgasm out of the way, but about getting more familiar with your sensual side and experimenting until you have found techniques that make you feel good.”

How to use sex toys on yourself:

How to use a vibrator

Shaft vibrators are straightforward vibrators which work both as clit stimulators and are perfect for deep penetration. They have lots of different textures to choose from like sleek, soft to ribbed for extra pleasure.

How to use a G-spot vibrator

G-spot vibrators are good for stimulating the clit, but are specifically designed for internal stimulation. They help you explore your G-spot because of the design which has a slightly bent, thicker head. Lube up and have fun!

How to use bullet vibrators

Bullets are ideal for beginners because they’re small in size but have powerful vibrations. They’re also great to be used during for foreplay. Target your clit for the best pleasure or explore other areas of your body.

How to use a Rabbit vibrator

A Rampant Rabbit combines a classic vibrating dildo with a clit stimulating bunny ears, which will you give an orgasm like you’ve never had before.

There are so many types of Rabbit vibrators. Some will thrust inside of you to replicate penetrative sex, while others will rotate to hit all the internal pleasure points. Start with the original Rabbit which has a smaller shaft if you’re a beginner.

How to use a Magic Wand Vibrator

Start with lube. A generous squeeze of lube on the head of your wand will enhance sensations. You can use your Magic Wand to release some tension in your back or any areas in your body to relax before you go down there. When you’re ready to use it on your clitoris, make sure to start slowly and on a low setting. You can build it up once you want more. If you find it too much to use directly on your clitoris, try using it over your clothes first. Plus you can explore other areas for a slow-building orgasm.

You can go hands-free with a Magic Wand vibrator and position it between a pillow and rub up against it. Or you can use it during sex to stimulate your clit too.

How to use Anal Vibrators

Anal vibrators are a good for introducing anal sex in the bedroom. They stimulate sensitive nerve-endings. But how to use sex toys for your anus?

Vibrating butt plugs are a good choice for anyone learning how to use a vibrator. Vibrating anal beads will send tremors through every bit of you or your partner, slowly remove them at the point of orgasm for an incredible finish.

How to use an oral sex stimulator

Finding a sex toy that feels like someone going down on you seemed impossible a few years ago, but we’re in 2019 now. An oral sex stimulator won’t feel exactly like someone going down on you, but it’s close enough. Some oral sex toy machines will replicate long swirls and fast flicks. You can even choose from different stimulation patterns! Use lube to make it feel like someone really is eating you out.