PSA: You can get Sims 4 for FREE on your laptop or PC right now!!!!

I have no idea why you can do this, but you can

Hide Images

PSA: You can get Sims 4 for FREE on your laptop or PC right now.

For some reason, EA are allowing you to download the Sims 4 to PC and Mac for absolutely no cost via their Origin store – and there is no catch.

So if you want to relive the days of building your dream house, setting up your Sims to WooHoo, and then deleting the steps when they go for an innocent dip in the pool – today is your lucky day.

Can't wait to build houses like this!!!

You can get Sims 4 for free on the Origin website until May 28th, so relax and take your time – you have a week to download it. And it doesn't expire after the offer, once you've downloaded you can keep the game forever.

Here's how to get Sims 4 for free via the EA Origin store:

– Visit the Origin site here.

– Select the "Get it for free" option.

– Choose your edition (the free one, obviously).

– You then have to sign in with your EA account, or make one if you don't have one already.

– Then add the game to your account.

Here's how to get Sims 4 for free on the EA Origin website

Some users have said they had to add the game to their wishlist first, and then download it from there – but that could be a website glitch for some people.

But that is literally it, you have The Sims 4 on your computer for free with no catch.

The Sims 4 game description says you can then: "Enjoy the power to create and control people in a virtual world where there are no rules.

"Express your creativity as you customise your Sims' distinct appearances and unique personalities. Choose their fashions, select their hairstyles, and give them life aspirations.

"Effortlessly build your Sims the perfect homes with the all-new room-based Build Mode, choosing your favourite designs and décor. Develop your Sims’ relationships, pursue new careers, and shape the rich and entertaining moments of their lives.

"Explore beautiful worlds with unique environments and travel to neighbourhoods where you can visit venues and meet other interesting Sims. Be powerful and free, have fun, and play with life!"

With this download you get the standard Sims 4 game, without any expansion packs. It is available on PCs, laptops and Macs but not Play Station or Xbox. The game requires around 10GB of storage to be downloaded.