Everything we know about season two of Netflix’s Dead To Me

There are SO many unanswered questions

| UPDATED Hide Images

There's one show everyone who has Netflix is binging on right now – Dead To Me. It has just been confirmed that there WILL be a Dead To Me season 2 released on Netflix. The tragic comedy show had so many twists and turns, it was obvious it couldn't be over.

The first season follows a widow called Jen (played by Christina Applegate), who is trying to figure out who killed her husband Ted in a hit-and-run car accident. Jen meets Judy (played Linda Carellini) at a grief support group. They become best friends, and Judy helps Jen find out who killed Ted. Then the relationship is nothing short of a whirlwind, with shocks and horrors along the way.

We were all calling out for a second instalment, and Netflix of course listened.

Here is everything we know so far about the second season of Netflix's Dead To Me.

*Major spoilers for Dead To Me season one ahead*

Judy and Jen in Dead To Me season one on Netflix

Will there be a Dead To Me season 2 on Netflix?

Dead To Me season 2 has been confirmed by Netflix.

It's usually a month after a show airs that Netflix decides its fate for a second season. Dead To Me was released on May 3rd, so being true to their schedules – Netflix has on time given us the best news that the show is back.

The show's creator Liz Feldman had previously dropped some heavy hints that a second season would be good for the show. She said the ending "is not exactly what you think", and "Netflix will have to order a season two for us all to find out". So for the sake of everyone's sanity, Netflix has renewed the show.

Liz Feldman told the Hollywood Reporter: "There's an evening of the score and there's a rebalancing that will take place and almost, in some ways, a role reversal.

"This show will always be a show that explores the dark sides and the light sides of grief, loss, forgiveness and friendship. So suffice to say, there will be more darkness."

What could the plot of Dead To Me season 2 include?

The ending of Dead To Me season one left us with so many questions. Did Nick kill his best friend? Is it a coincidence that Judy's dress in the hospital crying scene is very similar to the one she wears when she kills Ted?? Was Steve driving the car that hit Ted? Are Pastor Wayne and Jen going to fuck? How can Judy live with herself???!! WHO SHOT STEVE?!!!!

That's the plot for Dead To Me season 2 right there. Just film it already.

RIP Steve x

Who would be in the Dead To Me season 2 cast?

Apart from the obvious members of Dead To Me season one cast that cannot return (RIP), there's no reason why the others could not come back.

To answer some of the burning questions we have, it would be vital for Jen and Judy to come back for the next season. Nick and Pastor Wayne also need to return. Jen's sons Charlie and Henry and Jen's evil mother-in-law Lorna are also key characters for a second season.

Judy (played by Linda Cardellini) in season one

When would Dead To Me season 2 be released on Netflix?

The usual trend for show release dates on Netflix is that the show will return a year after the first season. This would mean Dead To Me season 2 could be expected in May 2020. Which to be honest, is way too long to wait.

For all the latest Netflix news, memes and gossip like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.