Applications for The Tab’s Summer Internship programme are now open

Applications close Friday 26th April

Applications for The Tab's Summer Internship programme are now open, and we want the cream of The Tab crop to join us in our head office.

This year we are offering three different summer internships: Editorial, News, and Social.

Summer internships are given to our best rising stars and those who have been committed and regularly written for The Tab.

You won't be twiddling your thumbs or making cups of tea – instead it'll be hands-on as you become a member of the editorial team during your time here. It's great experience to put on your CV and will teach you loads of skills if you want a job in the media. Here's a video two of our interns made last year on A-Level results day:

Securing a placement at The Tab is not only beneficial for when you're at uni, but potentially afterwards also. Everyone on the Editorial desk past and present in Tab HQ completed work experience during their time at university.

The Summer Internship programme will run from Tuesday 28th May – Friday 7th June, and Monday 17th June – Friday 20th September. These are the internships available this year:

Editorial Internship (2 weeks)

Editorial interns will be getting stuck in with the editorial team. Interns will be writing news, features and SEO articles for the national site, as well as for local.

The ideal candidate is someone who:

– Can think of original ideas and ideas based on the news that day and bring them to morning conference

– Can work independently

– Is not afraid to go outside and get a story, or pick up the phone

News Internship (4 weeks)

News interns will be working closely with the editorial team taking on big projects which can take up to a week to put together and publish.

Types of stories you’ll be working on are surveys, FOIs, stats bangers, as well as investigative pieces about topics young people care about. Previous news interns have investigated which Russell Group university is the most white, acne drug Roaccutane and the UK's secret drinking societies.

The ideal candidate is someone who:

– Can come up with project ideas that students care about, e.g. mental health, consent, rent

– Can work independently, and pick up new skills quick, e.g. Infogram

– Is not afraid to pick up the phone or go out and hustle for a story

Image may contain: People, Tabletop, Furniture, Room, Apparel, Clothing, Indoors, Lab, Workshop, Human, Person

This could be you!!!!

Social Internship (2 weeks)

Social interns will be working with our Social Editor to create engaging content on our Instagram and Facebook pages. You will help aggressively grow our Instagram accounts and make original content through video and memes.

The ideal candidate is someone who:

– Loves memes, and knows where to find them

– Loves Instagram and is passionate about it as a platform to tell stories and engage new audiences

– Confident at presenting/being in front of the camera if the opportunity arises to shoot some video content

How to apply

If you are interested in applying for an internship at The Tab, please email [email protected] with answers to the following:

– 200 words on why you would be good for the Editorial, News or Social internship

– Three article or investigation ideas you would want to produce (News and Editorial internships)

– OR one video idea for The Tab's Instagram Story which you could produce in office, and one Instagram account that would work for The Tab's audience (Social internship)

– Three examples of Tab articles you are most proud of

Please specify which internship programme you are applying for in the subject line, and dates available. Applications close Friday 26th April.

We will take into consideration everyone who sends in an application, but due to demand we can’t take on everyone. Priority will be given to those who haven't done work experience with us before. Internships will take place in our east London head office.