It’s official: Killing Eve has been renewed for a third series!!

Let us have season two first, PLEASE

Hide Images

Before we've even had a chance to register series two, it has been confirmed that Killing Eve season 3 is coming.

The news was announced just hours after the second series was first aired on BBC America in the US. It was confirmed on the BBC America Twitter page, and the UK BBC press Twitter page. The second series has not yet had a UK release date confirmed, but series three will be coming exclusively to BBC in the UK.

Here's everything we know about Killing Eve season 3!!

There are going to be some key changes in Killing Eve season 3

The new season will be written by a new showrunner, in Suzanne Heathcote. Season 2 showrunner was Emerald Fennell, and Phoebe Waller-Bridge had the job during the first season. Phoebe Waller Bridge, who also bought us shows such as Fleabag, said: "I'm very excited that the Killing Eve baton is being passed onto another incredible writer for season three.

"We can sleep soundly knowing these characters are safe in Suzanne Heathcote’s hilariously murderous hands."

Emerald Fennell added how it's become a tradition for the show to have a new showrunner each series. She said: "It's been such an exciting year for me on Killing Eve. I think it's cool that this tradition has been built into this untraditional show. Inheriting some of Phoebe's characters was a treat – I can't wait to see what Suzanne does next."

An official still from Killing Eve series 2, of Eve

When is the start date for Killing Eve season 3?

The second series of Killing Eve started in the US this weekend, and is expected in the UK this summer. No release date for the third series has been confirmed yet.

Season 2 will pick up where season one left off – with Sandra Oh back as Eve, and Jodie Comer back as Villanelle.

Where will Killing Eve season 3 air?

Killing Eve's newest series will be on BBC America in the US first, and then is a BBC exclusive in the UK.