The Umbrella Academy season two on Netflix is officially happening!!

The trailer is here!!

Hide Images

It has been announced today that The Umbrella Academy season 2 is happening. Netflix has confirmed the series has been renewed, and a teaser trailer for the new episodes has been released.

The first season became a fan favourite, and got everyone talking about the superhero series. It's a TV adaptation of the comic book series with the same name, created by Gerard Way and Gabriel Bá, and published by Dark Horse Comics. The Netflix synopsis describes the show as a "mind bending", "off beat" and "quirky" series, and summarises the plot by saying: "Reuninted by their father's death, estranged siblings with extraordinary powers uncover shocking family secrets – and a looming threat to humanity."

But that's enough about series one, we've binged that already. Here is everything we know about The Umbrella Academy season 2.

Umbrella Academy on Netflix

Who will be in The Umbrella Academy season 2 cast?

Season 1 cast members Ellen Page, Tom Hopper, David Castañeda, Emmy Raver-Lampman, Robert Sheehan, Aidan Gallagher, and Justin Min will all return to their roles in season 2.

How many episodes will there be in The Umbrella Academy season 2?

The second season will consist of 10 episodes, all will be an hour long.

When is the The Umbrella Academy season 2 release date?

An official release date has not yet been announced, but the show will begin production this summer.

Watch the teaser trailer video for The Umbrella Academy season 2 here:

If you missed out, season one of The Umbrella Academy is available to stream on Netflix.

For all the latest Netflix drops, gossip and news – like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.