Killing Eve season 2 is coming, and we FINALLY have a UK start date!!

It looks INCRED

| UPDATED Hide Images

In what can only be described as some of the best news of the year so far, Killing Eve season 2 has been confirmed. Now to make it even better, the trailer for the new series has been dropped, and it looks absolutely incredible.

The new series has already arrived in the US, and is expected in the UK next month – here's everything we know so far.

Here is everything we know about Killing Eve season 2, and watch the new trailer:

*Spoilers ahead if you haven't watched all of season one*

When is the release date of Killing Eve season 2?

The second series of Killing Eve will be aired first in America on BBC America on April 7th.

The UK start date has been confirmed on Twitter by TV critic and broadcaster, Scott Bryan. He said: "We finally have a date for Killing Eve. Saturday June 8th. All episodes available on iPlayer that day. Then on BBC One that day at 9.15pm."

Filming for season two has already taken place across Paris, London and Amsterdam.

Official Killing Eve season 2 still of Villanelle

Speaking at the Hewlett Memorial Lecture, the BBC’s director of content Charlotte Moore, said fans don't "have to wait so long next time" for new episodes – last time around it was six months between the series airing on BBC America in the US, and its debut on BBC Three in the UK.

Who will be in the cast of Killing Eve season 2?

Paparazzi pictures have surfaced of Jodie Comer returning as Villanelle, and Kim Bodnia, the actor who plays Villanelle’s former boss Konstantin – so they are definitely back. Sandra Oh is also back as Eve.

Despite MI5 agent Carolyn (Fiona Shaw) previously telling Eve (Sandra Oh) that Konstantin had died after Villanelle shot him, Konstantin has been seen filming again. However, this could mean they are shooting flash-back scenes, especially seeing as they look pretty pally in certain pictures.

Official Killing Eve season 2 still of Eve

There are also some new faces joining the trio. These are Nina Sosanya (played Hugh Grant's chief of staff in Love Actually), Edward Bluemel (from A Discovery of Witches), Julian Barratt, Henry Lloyd Hughes, and Shannon Tarbet.

What might the plot be in Killing Eve season 2?

The season one finale of Killing Eve ended abruptly with Eve (Sandra Oh) stabbing Villanelle (Jodie Comer) after the two women shared a moment in bed together in Paris. Villanelle escapes somehow – so we need to know what happened here!!!

Rejoice! Season two will pick up where season one left off. President of AMC Entertainment Networks, Sarah Barnett, said the first scene takes place "36 heart-thumping seconds" after season one’s final shot. She added: "This new season is packed with superlative performances and is as twisty, subversive, darkly funny, nerve-racking, and pleasurable as our fans could desire."

As well as this, according to the show's official synopsis, Eve isn’t the only one after Villanelle – others are too.

Emerald Fennell is taking over the reins from Waller-Bridge as Killing Eve’s lead writer for the second season. So a new writer brings new ideas!!

Official Killing Eve season 2 still of Eve and Carolyn

Watch the ADDITIONAL trailers for Killing Eve season 2:

The Killing Eve Twitter page released an initial teaser video captioned: "Sometimes they see red, the wait makes them blue, Eve and Villanelle, are ready for you."

Then the page released a second promo video: