Image may contain: Leisure Activities, Skin, Dating, Make Out, Human, Person

The little sexist things boys need to stop doing to girls in the club

Share with your pals who creep on girls on the dancefloor x

The other night I was out with my girl mates for a birthday. At the bar, a guy asked if he could buy me a drink – he was getting shots anyway and I wasn't going to say no to a free tequila. After doing the shot I turned to walk back to where my friends were dancing, but was stopped when the guy who bought the drink grabbed my hand pulling me back, wrapped his arms round my waist, looked me straight in the eyes and seriously said "I think you owe me something."

Refusing to kiss him for one tequila he bought me, I went over to my mates. But the rest of the night he was always lurking around, trying to dance with me or a friend and just! wouldn't! get! no! means! no!

Ask any girl what boys in clubs are like and each one will roll their eyes and tell you their own version of this story, because whenever a girl goes out a whole load of sexist bullshit happens.

So hey boys! For those who need it, here's how not to be creepy when out – a guide! These are all the little sexist things boys need to stop doing to girls in the club:

BUYING US A DRINK AND PRESUMING WE OWE YOU SOMETHING IN RETURN

If you think I’m going to shag you from buying one drink it’s gonna take more than a vodka lemonade I’m afraid. Buying a girl a drink doesn’t mean she owes you a kiss, a dance, a chat in the smoking area or sex later on.

PERSISTENT GRINDING AND RANDOMLY COMING UP BEHIND US TO DANCE

Feeling your semi and sweaty body gyrating up and down my back whilst I’m trying to dance with the people I’m with isn’t an incentive to talk to you – it’s an incentive to call security or the POLICE.

Image may contain: Robe, Fashion, Evening Dress, Gown, Apparel, Clothing, Finger, Human, Person

MISCONSTRUING EYE CONTACT AS BEING THAT WE WANT TO TOUCH YOUR DICK

Nope, was just looking at you – which I'm allowed to do.

TELLING US TO SQUEEZE OUR BOOBS TOGETHER TO GET SERVED AT THE BAR

Or bouncers outside telling you to do the same to let you in.

TOUCHING US UP THEN PRETENDING IT WAS ONE OF YOUR MATES FOR "BANTER"

Quality banter from some quality dickheads.

REALLY GETTING IN OUR SPACE WHEN DANCING, THEN GETTING REALLY OFFENDED WHEN WE DON'T GIVE YOU ANY ATTENTION

Leave me alone!!!!!!!

CALLING THE BAR TENDER OR SHOT GIRL "LOVE"

How old are you?

TOUCHING US AS YOU WALK PAST

It’s busy but not that busy.

REFUSING TO TAKE "NO" FOR AN ANSWER

If I said no at the bar, on the dance floor, in the stairwell and near the toilets, don't come over to me in the smoking area as guess what!! It's gonna be a no!!

LURKING AROUND US AND OUR FRIENDS WHEN TRYING TO DANCE

Honestly could you get more predatory than this. This is literally what animals do before they attack their prey.

SAYING "SMILE"

This is my face, fuck off pls.

Image may contain: Finger, Human, Person

OR SAYING WE'RE "MOODY" OR "BORING" WHEN WE WON'T DANCE WITH YOU OR LET YOU BUY US A DRINK

Maybe I’m just not interested, just a thought x

HAVING THE PURE AUDACITY TO TRY IT ON WITH THE PERSON NEXT TO US WHEN WE TURN YOU DOWN

Even worse if they literally just move on to one of your pals. Like what the fuck, nobody wants to get with you and you’re beginning to look really desperate here.

COMMENTING ON WHAT WE'RE WEARING, IN ANY WAY

I don’t care what you think of my dress, I didn’t wear it for you.

AND THEN COMMENTING ON WHAT OTHER GIRLS ARE WEARING AND DECIDING SOME LOOK "SLUTTY" AND OTHERS LOOK "FRIGID"

It doesn’t matter if they’re wearing heels or a figure hugging dress. Keep your eyes to yourself.

THINKING WE'RE DRESSING UP FOR YOU, LOL

I mean please, I didn’t spend three hours getting ready to please anyone but myself.

GRABBING OUR WAISTS, HANDS, ARMS, BUMS, BOOBS – ANYWHERE ON OUR BODIES – WHEN AT THE BAR

No that is not how you queue for a drink, wait your turn and don’t touch me.

ONLY LEAVING US THE FUCK ALONE WHEN WE SAY WE HAVE A BOYFRIEND

Why can’t you take me seriously when I tell you to fuck off before I have to (most likely lie) and say I have a boyfriend?

MALE BOUNCERS LETTING GIRLS IN FOR FREE

Just let everyone pay an entry fee.

MANSPLAINING IN THE SMOKING AREA

Yes. I made the same point about two minutes ago.

USING THE TERM "BIRD" AT ANY POINT OF THE NIGHT

Please never call anyone a “bird.” We are women. That is all.