Image may contain: Female, Clothing, Apparel, Face, Human, Person

This is what the Broberg family from Abducted in Plain Sight are doing now

Jan is an actress!!

By now, almost everyone has seen the Netflix true crime documentary, Abducted in Plain Sight. It follows the real life story of the Broberg family, in particular Jan Broberg – who has kidnapped and abused by a family friend. But what did happen to the Broberg family after these events? Where are the Broberg family now?

Here are all of the Broberg family now, and what they have done since the Abducted in Plain Sight events:

Image may contain: Laughing, Photography, Photo, Portrait, Smile, Girl, Woman, Wood, Female, Apparel, Clothing, Face, Person, Hug, Human

Robert Berchtold and Jan Broberg

Jan Broberg

Jan Broberg was 12 years old when she was kidnapped from her Idaho home in 1974. She was taken, and sexually abused by Robert Berchtold, known to the family as "B". The Abducted in Plain Sight true crime documentary on Netflix tells her story of how she was taken not once, but twice by the family friend.

Image may contain: Broberg family now, Jan Broberg, Abducted in Plain Sight, Dr Phil, Crowd, Female, Person, Face, Human

Jan Broberg in a recent interview with Dr Phil

Jan is aged 56 now, and goes by the name Jan Broberg Felt. She is a successful actress, singer and dancer. She got married, had a son and then got divorced. Jan's first acting role was in 1992, and she's starred in TV shows and films since. She has been in 45 films all together, and her biggest film roles include the films Maniac, Iron Man 3 and Haunt. She's also been on TV, including roles in Everwood and Girl Boss, and she was in an episode of Criminal Minds.

In an interview with Vanity Fair, the director of Abducted in Plain Sight, Sky Borgman, said Jan still uses Robert Berchtold as her benchmark for love. She said: "It had a huge, huge impact on her relationship with men. I remember talking to her at one point, and she said that she still looks at her relationships, and she's never felt as in love with any of the men she's been in relationships with as the kind of love she felt with Berchtold.

"To this day, Jan struggles with how to love and how not to associate that love with the love she felt for Berchtold when she was 12 and 13 years old."

Mary Ann Broberg

Image may contain: Broberg family now, Mary Ann Broberg, Abducted in Plain Sight, Face, Person, Human

Since the Abducted in Plain Sight events, Mary Ann and Bob Broberg remained married until Bob Broberg died in 2018. According to Mary Ann's Facebook page she's worked as a social worker, a liaison officer and an adoption and foster care specialist.

Most notably, Mary Ann is the author of Stolen Innocence: The Jan Broberg Story, which is a book about Jan's ordeal. This is the novel that Abducted in Plain Sight's creator discovered, before deciding to make a documentary version based on it.

Bob Broberg

Image may contain: Broberg family now, Bob Broberg, Abducted in Plain Sight, Senior Citizen, Face, Human, Person

Robert "Bob" Broberg was 37 years old when his daughter Jan was kidnapped for the first time by Robert Berchtold in 1974. He has 11 grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. In 1999, Bob and his wife Mary Ann sold the floristry business they had and moved to St George, Utah.

Robert Broberg passed away on November 5th 2018, aged 80, in Santa Clara, Utah. After his death, the family set up a GoFundMe page to raise money for his memorial – recent family photos were shared on the page.

Jan's sisters, Karen and Susan Broberg

Karen Broberg has married, and now goes by the name of Karen Campbell. She is now a maths teacher, teaching at Prescott High School in Arizona.

Image may contain: Broberg family now, Abducted in Plain Sight, Karen Campbell, Karen Broberg, Bead, Face, Home Decor, Person, Human, Necklace, Accessories, Jewelry, Accessory

Susan Broberg is an attorney in Utah, and has two children. According to her law firm’s website, she has been practicing immigration law for 16 years and has travelled extensively abroad.

Image may contain: Broberg family now, Susan Broberg, Abducted in Plain Sight, Home Decor, Female, Clothing, Apparel, Face, Human, Person

Robert Berchtold

Even though Robert Berchtold isn't part of the Broberg family, he is still a huge part of the Abducted in Plain Sight story, and the lives of the Brobergs.

Image may contain: Broberg family now, Jan Broberg, Robert Berchtold, Abducted in Plain Sight, Portrait, Photography, Photo, Woman, Kid, Child, Girl, Teen, Chair, Dress, Female, Pants, Smile, Furniture, Face, Human, Person, Clothing, Apparel

Robert Berchtold with Jan Broberg

Jan filed for a restraining order against Berchtold, who said her story was all lies in order to sell copies of the book written by Jan's mother. In a hearing for the restraining order, which was in the Netflix documentary, Jan tells Berchtold in court, her motive for the book was to "educate the public about predators like you".

Six women since contacted Jan to say they were abused by Berchtold. Berchtold was found guilty of the rape of one of those children, and spent one year in jail. Berchtold was later found guilty of possession of a firearm and aggravated assault. He died by suicide in 2005, before his sentencing.

More articles about Abducted in Plain Sight this author recommends:

The 17 ridiculous questions Abducted in Plain Sight leaves you with

Even MORE crazy details about the Abducted in Plain Sight story revealed

These 19 Abducted in Plain Sight memes are just so sickeningly spot on

Abducted in Plain Sight director finally answers all your burning questions