Image may contain: Fashion, Premiere, Person, Human

So apparently Megan dumped Wes because they weren’t having enough sex

Rest in peace DBS society x

So you've probably heard that Megan and Wes have been taking us all on a wild ride in the past few days. First they break up. Then they had us all fooled that they're actually still together. And now insider sources are saying the pair split up because Wes was too tired to have sex with Megan after all the Dancing On Ice rehearsals.

Now a source told The Sun: “Their relationship moved too quickly – they couldn’t keep up with it.

“One minute they were on a show together and the next Wes is moving out of his family home to live in a London flat with her.

“It all became very intense and what’s worse is that their sex life started to suffer. As soon as Wes started to train for Dancing on Ice he became too tired for anything in the evening.

“There’s a four-year age difference between them too – that coupled with the threat of Vanessa and all the time her and Wes were spending together there was no hope.”

Another insider added: "They were under a lot of stress and pressure but the robbery tipped them both over the edge.

"It was a lot for two young people to handle – Megan had a diamond ring and Chanel bag stolen which was very upsetting for her."

Megan announced news of the split a few days ago. She wrote on her Instagram story: "It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate.

"We have been working hard for well under a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might be possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate.

"We are however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. We are parents first and foremost, to one incredibly wonderful hamster and we ask for his and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time.

"We haven't really conducted our relationship that privately, and we hope that we consciously uncouple and co-parent, we will be able to continue in the same manner. Love, Megan and Wes x"

Image may contain: Word, Text, Page

One particular part of the "uncoupling statement" stood out as odd, where Megan wished the public would respect the privacy of their hamster at this "difficult time".

This was when people realised that her post was identical to Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin’s famous "conscious uncoupling" post.

Megan later addressed this in a conversation with Samira Mighty, another ex-Love Islander. She made it clear it was a joke as she said: "I'm not going to co-parent a hamster fool."

Image may contain: Human, Person, Poster, Advertisement, Brochure, Paper, Flyer, Text Message, Text

This comes just over a week after Megan sent for Wes' Dancing on Ice partner, Vanessa Bauer, accusing her of "tactically" breaking up with her boyfriend on the night of their first performance for "attention."