Image may contain: Face, Clothing, Apparel, Pendant, Home Decor, Person, Human

Megan and Wes’ breakup post is IDENTICAL to Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin’s

Either this is a PR mess or they are just hilarious

Earlier today, it was announced that Megan Barton-Hanson and Wes Nelson from Love Island 2018 were the latest couple to split up.

Megan announced the break-up on her Instagram story, but people were quick to realise how weird it was.

One particular part of the "uncoupling statement" stood out as odd, where Megan wished the public would respect the privacy of their hamster at this "difficult time".

Then everyone realised – the statement is literally IDENTICAL to the one Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin released when they famously "consciously uncoupled."

Megan's post read: "It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate. We have been working hard for well under a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might be possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate.

"We are however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. We are parents first and foremost, to one incredibly wonderful hamster and we ask for his and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time.

"We haven't really conducted our relationship that privately, and we hope that we consciously uncouple and co-parent, we will be able to continue in the same manner. Love, Megan and Wes x"

Image may contain: Word, Text, Page

Megan posted this on her Instagram story

When Gwyneth and Chris ended their relationship, they said: "It is with hearts full of sadness that we have decided to separate. We have been working hard for well over a year, some of it together, some of it separated, to see what might have been possible between us, and we have come to the conclusion that while we love each other very much we will remain separate. We are however, and always will be a family, and in many ways we are closer than we have ever been. We are parents first and foremost to two incredibly wonderful children and we ask for their and our space and privacy to be respected at this difficult time. We have always conducted our relationship privately, and we hope that as we consciously uncouple and coparent, we will continue in the same manner."

Look familiar? ?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpkBRXFAUvP

Either Megan and Wes' PR literally don't even care anymore, or their banter is ridiculously good, and they don't care what millions of people think.

Megan did follow up her first post with a more serious one, that read: "In all seriousness, I am so grateful and so blessed to have found Wes, I will always love and adore him and I am so lucky to call him my best friend, it has been an incredibly hard decision to make for both of us but we are both looking forward to moving on together as friends and supporting each other in everything we do. I will be down at Dancing on Ice tomorrow to watch him smash it again. Only one thing left to say come on Wes and Vanessa!"

So, it does look like all jokes aside, the pair are over.