Image may contain: Plant, Burger, Food

Here’s how you can get a FREE McDonald’s cheeseburger any day this week

300 calories for the year’s most depressing Monday

McDonald's are giving away free cheeseburgers over the next week, from the 21st-25th of January. What's more we're pleased to announce this news is not too good to be true and there are absolutely zero catches with this one, huzzah!

Fans of Maccies (so, basically everyone) will be able to cop their single cheeseburger, free of charge, if they have an account on the My McDonald's app. During the week, after 10:30am, you'll be able to order the product to your basket on the app underneath the "my deals" tab.

The shameless PR stunt is framed to coincide with Blue Monday, which some psychologists argue is the most depressing day of the year. This is due to a combination of the weather, lack of money, Christmas energy, and ambition to go to the gym for the second time this year. However, some say it undermines genuine mental health struggles.

With your new year's resolution to get in shape and eat better dwindling by the day, what better way to really put the nail in the coffin of having a better life than by grabbing a free cheeseburger. It's not going to make those essay deadlines go away, but at least it's going to make you forgot about them, even if it's just for a little while.