Image may contain: Document, Id Cards, Text, Girl, Kid, Child, Teen, Blonde, Woman, Female, Human, Person, Face

Oh Christ, Insta now tells people if you’ve screenshotted their picture

Guess I’ll just go die x

Cast your mind back to literally yesterday. The good old days. You'd get sent a pic on Instagram in a private message, screenshot and send to your mate. Either sharing in disbelief at how fit the person in the pic is or bitching about them behind their back.

Well, that's yet another fun thing that's been taken from us by the bastard that is 2018. Instagram have followed yesterday's temporary, yet hideous update, with another update that lets people know when you've screenshotted their pic in a private message.

Image may contain: Text Message, Human, Person, Text

Never before have I read two words that send a chill down my spine quite as much as "screenshot taken". What are we supposed to do now? Make a sketch drawing of it? Use another phone to take a pic, print it out and send it in the post to a mate? Come on Instagram.

Highlighted below in red, the little windmill icon means the person whose photo you've sent on has received a notification letting them know what a creep you are. Guess I'll just die right now, thanks!

Image may contain: Text Message, Text

Forget Trump, Brexit, climate change, this Instagram change poses the biggest threat to life on Earth as we know it. Thankfully, some things still remain sacred, for now, as you can still screenshot conversations and stories without getting caught. But who knows how long that will last.

All that's left to say is thanks Instagram, you've ruined everything, what a sad little life.

Related stories recommend by this writer:

This is how Instagram ranks the viewer order on your Insta story

Introducing: The Insta famous students at your uni right now

How does Instagram rank posts on your feed? We investigated the algorithm