Image may contain: Haircut, Hair, Worship, Buddha, Art, Person, People, Human

Love Island Australia: Which couples are still together?

Spoiler: Grant’s a snake

When contestants leave the Love Island UK villa, long distance relationships aren’t really an issue. No one lives more than two hours away from each other, and most live somewhere in Essex.

But for the Australian Love Islanders, leaving the villa means getting on five hour long plane journeys, or driving four whole days across the country to make the relationship work. So understandably, the Love Island Australia couples success rate is low, because who in their right mind is going to stay with someone who lives in Perth when the other’s in Sydney???

These are the Love Island Australia couples who are still together, and the ones which have already broken up:

Tayla and Grant – SPLIT

Who could’ve predicted Tayla and Grant would go on to win Love Island Australia after being the villa’s most hated couple during week one of the show?

But the high of their win came crashing down when it was revealed on the plane back to Australia Grant had a secret girlfriend back at home all along!!

Image may contain: Finger, Dance Pose, Leisure Activities, Evening Dress, Robe, Fashion, Gown, Clothing, Apparel, Person, Human

Credit: Love Island Australia

The couple broke up just 12 days after being crowned the winners after it was revealed Grant had a girl back in Australia who he’d been seeing for a year.

Tayla said: “The information I’ve been given is that Grant told the girlfriend he was going on Love Island Australia to promote his business and make a name for himself.

“She obviously, and I don’t know why, was okay with this. That’s what doesn’t make sense in my mind.”

Grant begged to get Tayla back, saying he loved her still on radio. But two weeks later he was back with his secret lover, Lucy Cartwright, and even did a photoshoot for a magazine with her!!!

Enjoy the $25,000 Grant you SNAKE.

Eden and Erin – SPLIT

The power couple of the villa sadly split up in September, when Erin posted on her Instagram announcing the break up. Erin said: “We wanted to share with you, that after much deliberation, we have quietly parted ways.”

The post continued: “We look back and cherish the time we have spent together, the memories we have created, in both Spain and in Australia. We can’t thank each and everyone of you enough, for the support and love you have shown us, but we have to be honest within ourselves as we realise that our forever as a couple, is no longer.”

“We look forward to supporting each other moving forward and remain best friends. Love Erin & Eden.”

When answering questions in her Instagram story, Erin said she was “heartbroken and angry” about their split, and that “a leopard never changes its spots”. They were doing a long distance relationship between Melbourne and Sydney, with neither Islander prepared to move.

Dom and Shelby – SPLIT

Dom and Shelby were dumped from the Love Island villa the day before the final, however their romance didn’t last back in Australia.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlxDegfldVp

Shelby explained the distance between the pair, with Dom living in Sydney and her on the Gold Coast, was too far to try and keep the relationship going. Dom said they decided they’re “best off as friends.”

Shelby said: “Please know that Dom and I are no longer together, nor were we ever ‘official’. We were purely just seeing how things went outside the villa.

“We still talk every day.. but him living in Sydney and me living on the Gold Coast just isn’t working with our busy lives at the moment. We honestly wish the best for each other and who knows what will happen in the future!”

Millie and Mark – SPLIT

Millie had bad luck in the villa, with John James, Elias and Justin all not working out. But on day 31, a whole month after Millie first went into the villa, Mark came in and she finally coupled up with someone.

Even though he’s not a tradie, the model and Millie hit it off and are still together after being dumped from the villa on day 37.

Millie told NW: “What you think you want and what you need are such different things and maybe that’s why I’ve been single for so long. Mark is gorgeous and such a beautiful person. My mum will be proud of me for going after a nice boy.”

The coupled started their own clothing brand together called “Island Couture”, however announced their split in April 2019, with Millie saying the pair were going in different directions.

Josh and Amelia – TOGETHER

There were doubts amongst the other Islanders that Amelia didn’t have true feelings for Josh, however since leaving the villa in third place Josh and Amelia are still an item.

Josh announced the couple were official on his Instagram, saying: “Well guys it’s official! I just asked @ameliamarni to be my girlfriend and she said yes!! Absolutely over the moon that I got to meet this beautiful person and can now happily say she’s a part of my life.”

Both Amelia and Josh live in Sydney, so unlike their other Islanders they have a good chance of making it work!!!

Other articles this writer recommends:

1) This is why you might recognise John James from Love Island Australia

2) Before they were famous: What the cast of Love Island 2018 got up to before entering the villa

3) This is what the cast of Love Island Season 1 are up to now