Who is Love Island’s Georgia Steel? The Popworld shot girl and drama student

People are also convinced she was on The Inbetweeners

Hide Images

Last night, we got a sneak peak of the two new girls to enter the Love Island villa. The boys put their best shirts on and the girls noticed the extra effort they were putting in for Georgia and Rosie.

Rosie is a law grad and trainee solicitor, but what about Georgia Steel? She's the fourth known university student or graduate to enter the villa this year after Niall Aslam who's currently at Coventry, Eyal Booker who was at Bournemouth University, and of course Rosie.

Here's everything you need to know about Love Island's newest contestant.

What age is Georgia?

Georgia is 20 years old and from London, arriving on day two with the public voting for her to go on a date with Niall 'rainbow fish' Aslam instead of A&E doctor/human salmon Alex.

At the end of last night's episode when she entered the villa, we saw a sneak peak of Georgia and Niall having a quick snog, presumably while Alex bored Rosie to death on the other table just a few feet away.

Niall and Georgia's kiss causes drama

FIRST LOOK: Niall's buzzing after his date with Georgia, but the girls are NOT happy when they find out what went down… ?

Posted by Love Island on Thursday, June 7, 2018

No, Georgia Steel was not in The Inbetweeners

Viewers were last night convinced Georgia played Hannah Fields in The Inbetweeners episode where the boys are on work experience and Will is accompanied by Wolfie to go to a Valentine's Day party to meet his "girlfriend" Charlotte.

At the party, Simon bumps into Hannah Fields, who had sent him a Valentines Day card and the rest is…history, shall we say.

Unfortunately, Hannah Fields is not played by Georgia Steel, but by Holly Peplow.

She works as a shot girl at Popworld in York

The cultural touchstone of many towns and cities around, Georgia works as a shot girl in York's branch of Popworld. Located in the city centre, the bar is equipped with a revolving dancefloor.

Her employers congratulated her in a Facebook post, with many commenters mentioning they had recognised Georgia when she popped up on their TV screens but couldn't place where they knew her from.

Looking forward to seeing our shot girl Georgia on #LoveIsland tonight!!??#TeamGeorgia

Posted by Popworld York on Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Speaking to The Tab, Popword York said: “[We are] very proud to see Georgia on Love Island!

She's a very energetic worker who’s always bubbly and exciting. Every time she’s working she’s always fun and a pleasure to have on the Popworld team.

"We look forward to seeing how well she does on the island!”

Alongside her bar work, she studies drama at university

Georgia says in her introduction video that she's at drama school and we've heard she might attend York St John University.

This would make sense, as the university is based in York city centre. Georgia presumably worked at the bar in the evening while studying during the day.

This potentially makes her this year's fourth Love Island contestant that we know of who is either studying or has graduated from university.

Other articles you will want to read about this year's Love Island:

These dramatic Love Island contestants' glow ups prove there’s still hope for us all

What the cast of Love Island 2018 actually do, according to their LinkedIns

Which Love Island boy should you couple up with? Take this very important quiz to find out