Image may contain: Person, People, Human

Revealed: The student areas with the most burglaries

It ain’t safe on the block, not even for the cops

Student houses get burgled. It's an unfortunate fact of life. From the Manchester students with a house intruder who just wouldn't leave, all the way through to the Birmingham interloper who tried to make a meal, it's a common happening in your uni house.

But, the question remains: Which student area in the UK has the most burglaries reported to the police?

Image may contain: Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure

Leeds' Hyde Park and Birmingham's Selly Oak manage to tie for the ignominious crown, with 293 burglaries reported to the police in 2017.

At the other end of the scale, Falmer in Sussex, and York's Tang Hall come out as the least burgled student areas.

Perhaps down to an abundance of newly-moved in students, September is the month burglars prefer, with an average of 14.5 incidents reported.

Meanwhile, February comes out as the safest month, with an average of 9.8 burglaries across the UK's most popular student areas. In an average month, our selected areas could expect 11.5 burglaries.

Of course, not all burglaries get reported. And this doesn't account for the 'sad boy houses' which look like they've been burgled, but haven't.