Image may contain: Neighborhood, Court, Architecture, Urban, Town, High Rise, City, Apartment Building, Villa, Mansion, Housing, House, Building

Reading is the best uni in the country for dealing with mental health

According to our Mental Health Rankings 2017

Reading is the best uni in the country for dealing with mental health, according to our Mental Health Rankings 2017.

Of the 47 unis included in the rankings, Reading spent the most per student on their mental health services, spending £54.64, over double the national average of £22.06.

The Tab's Mental Health Rankings 2017 is the only study to assess UK universities' ability to care for students with mental health issues. You can read them in full here.

Image may contain: Urban, Neighborhood, Building

Now in their second year, the rankings cover 47 universities across the country.

We also found that Reading is third best for spending per applicant to the university's mental health services. The figure of £609.53 is almost double the national average of £334.28.

Reading ranked 14th for satisfaction with. Our score of 35.63 – from a maximum of 40 – is also above the national average of 34.55.

The rankings pull together information about how well universities fund their counselling and wellbeing services, how long students have to wait for help, and how satisfied students are with their university's mental health services.

Over 9,000 students completed our mental health survey this year, and told us about their experiences.

Universities have a duty of care for their students, and mental health falls squarely under this.

We're aiming to paint the truest picture of mental health at university, and how it's handled.

The university replied: "We’re pleased that the University of Reading has come out top of the Tab's Mental Health rankings this year – but we're not complacent about meeting the needs that our students have for their wellbeing.

"Student wellbeing has always been a big priority for us, and this year we marked University Mental Health Day to promote active mental health and highlighted the range of support that students can access to look after themselves while they are with us."