Image may contain: Person, People, Human

The results are in: These are the ugliest unis in the country

Thousands of you voted

Last week, we asked you to vote for the ugliest uni in the country. And thousands of you voted.

With nearly 10 per cent of the full vote, Hull has won the prize for being the ugliest uni in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

The Wilberforce building in Hull

Although Hull has some magnificent, historical buildings of the bygone years. The Wilberforce building (pictured above) is truly horrific. It was apparently designed to look like a ship, but everyone in Hull collectively decided they would rather drown than to have to look at it for a second longer.

York came very close in second place, with only seven votes behind. All 176 of you agreed the campus was a concrete mess with buildings riddled with asbestos.

Behind in third place is Essex, with 8.29 per cent of you voting for the building that looks like a real-life version of Tetris, at the Southend-On-Sea Campus.

In fourth place is UEA, with a 7.93 per cent of the vote. A 154 of you thought the Brutalist architecture has aged pretty badly.

Warwick University came fifth. Even the rotating Koan could not mask the hideous Humanities building and the Whitefields laboratories – sorry, accommodation.

Here are the results in full:

Image may contain: Page, TextImage may contain: Page, TextImage may contain: Page, Text