Image may contain: Drink, Beverage, Alcohol, Party, Crowd, Human, Person, People

Which is the easiest university to get into in the UK?

No prizes for guessing it’s not Oxbridge

Applying to university is a right faff. The downright lies in your personal statement, the rejection letters from unis you had no right applying for in the first place, not to mention the sleepless nights before A-level results day.

The good news is you don't have to put yourself through all the pain and suffering anymore, as new stats reveal the easiest unis to get into.

Data from The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018 reveals the universities who hand out the highest percentage of offers to applicants.

Topping the list is Aberystwyth University, with an offer rate of 98.3 per cent, meaning they literally take anyone. Not to be rude, but this shouldn't come as a surprise considering the uni is located in deepest, darkest Wales.

Portsmouth finished a close second, with a 96.3 per cent offer rate, followed by Bangor, Sussex and St Mary's rounding out the top five.

The trend here seems to be if your uni is in Wales, on the south coast or ranked 120 out of the 129 unis in the country (St Mary's) you're likely to get a place.

The next Russell Group uni on the list is Royal Holloway in 18th, followed by Newcastle in 20th, both offering 88 per cent of applicants a place.

Other notable unis that finished surprisingly high include Exeter in 31st with an offer rate of 86.4 per cent, and Sheffield in 40th with an offer rate of 84.6 per cent.

Have a look at the table below to see where your uni placed, you can also find the full list of results here.

Image may contain: Window Shade, Window, Curtain